Windows 10: New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones

Discus and support New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been using these headphones with the computer for years. Now, if I connect the headphones, every possible thing that could play audio freezes up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Catechasm, May 30, 2020.

1. Catechasm Win User

New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones

I've been using these headphones with the computer for years. Now, if I connect the headphones, every possible thing that could play audio freezes up. Itunes, MediaMonkey, and Windows Media Player all lock up, and even things in-browser like Youtube, Bandcamp, videos on Facebook, etc, freeze and will not move at all until the headphones are disconnected.

If I try to remove the device, that freezes too. I've found that if I shut down and restart, then I CAN remove the device, and re-connecting it will allow it to work for an hour or so. But then the same exact issue hits and the only solution is a full restart. It's getting very tedious and annoying, has anyone experienced the same thing or found a fix?

EDIT: I should specify that the headphones work just the same as they always did, no problems at all with other non-microsoft devices so it's definitely on the computer's end. Also, attempting to remove the headphones in device manager also freezes up the computer. Only a hard restart works.

:)

Catechasm, May 30, 2020
  2. scoob101 Win User

Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones - will not show battery Level in Win 10?

Just got a set of Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones, which are on the latest firmware. When I pair them to my fully patched Surfacebook 2 running Windows 10 1909, the battery level isnt shown in Windows 10 bluetooth settings. The battery level shows up just fine on my Samsung Galaxy S10 Phone

Can anyone comment if this is a Windows 10 issue? I have a Surface Pen, and the battery level for that device shows up fine in Win10

For reference, the headphones are running bluetooth version 4.2

Surely if Android can successfully query the battery level of the headphones, then Win10 should be able to query the battery level also - given that these are standard services in the bluetooth spec?

UPDATE:: I`ve tested this with a 3rd party program, Bluetooth battery monitor, and the battery levels for both the surface pen and the headphones are returned perfectly in that 3rd party program.

So why isnt windows 10 showing up the headphones battery level nativley??

scoob101, May 30, 2020
  3. readc87 Win User
    Headphones will not connect Bluetooth

Hello,

My wireless Bluetooth headphones (Sony WH-1000XM3) will not connect. They are paired and I have tried a number of troubleshooting items to get them connected. When I go under the devices property settings and check or uncheck different Bluetooth services
    options the headphones will momentarily state "Connected" but then revert back to Paired only. I have not experienced this issue before the most recent update and my Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones do still connect.

Please advise.

Thank you

readc87, May 30, 2020
  4. New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones

Sony WH-1000XM3: driver problem after Windows Update (no stereo driver)

I recently ran a Windows 10 Pro update on my laptop. Since then my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones don't seem to work correctly.

It seems that before the update I used to have at least 2 audio-devices for the headphones: a stereo device for high quality audio and a "handsfree headset device". After the update they were replaced with the "WH-1000XM3 Hands-Free AG Audio" device:

New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones 17fecdda-6439-4f84-9124-e5b885932eb8?upload=true.jpg

This device acts as a headset not as a stereo-heaphone set: it only gives mono and low definition sound. So it makes my headphones completely unusable for listening to music.

What I already did:

- removing and reconnecting the device.

- looking for Sony Driver on the web: nothing is to be found.

Can anybody give advice on how to fix this problem?

Peter-Aerts, May 30, 2020
Thema:

New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones

1. New Update Broke Bluetooth Ability WH-1000XM3 Headphones - Similar Threads - Update Broke Bluetooth

2. Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.: I have spent way too many hours now trying to reconnect my bluetooth headset to my stationary PC. I need help.I've reached the conclusion so far, that the issue might be with the microsoft bluetooth drivers.The issue: After recently disconnecting my bluetooth headset from my...
  3. Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect WH-1000XM3 headset to Windows 10 PC.: I have spent way too many hours now trying to reconnect my bluetooth headset to my stationary PC. I need help.I've reached the conclusion so far, that the issue might be with the microsoft bluetooth drivers.The issue: After recently disconnecting my bluetooth headset from my...
  4. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  5. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic: I am trying to use my XM3's wired as a mic, I have a splitter so it can use both input and output, mic works fine on mobile. Solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-sony-wh-1000xm3-as-mic/839f9d0b-9c21-4586-81da-a2317f5b7773
  6. Cant use Sony WH-1000XM3 as mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Headset WH-1000XM3 microphone does not connect

Headset WH-1000XM3 microphone does not connect: Hi ExpertsI have connected via Bluetooth my headset WH-1000XM3 to the laptop win10.I can use as outpur device but no as inputWhen I check the sound control panel I see in recording TaB the device listed ,clicking with the right button I see 2 option 1connect 2disable.I can...
  8. Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones - will not show battery Level in Win 10?

Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones - will not show battery Level in Win 10?: Just got a set of Sony wh-1000xm3 Headphones, which are on the latest firmware. When I pair them to my fully patched Surfacebook 2 running Windows 10 1909, the battery level isnt shown in Windows 10 bluetooth settings. The battery level shows up just fine on my Samsung Galaxy...
  9. Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?

Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?: I've updated the firmware, removed the device and reinstalled, and even switched to a different bluetooth dongle -- no matter what I try, I can't get the microphone to work when I connect to Windows 10. It works on any other device I have - mobile, tablet, etc - but I can't...
  10. Sony WH-CH700N headphones are not being detected by Bluetooth

Sony WH-CH700N headphones are not being detected by Bluetooth: After using the USB to charge my headphones on my Dell XPS desktop, I then tried to connect them via Bluetooth. The headphones show the "searching" blue dots; Bluetooth is on and searching using the "mice, keyboards, pens, or audio" option. But the headphones never appear as...