Windows 10: New update broke desktop+taskbar

Discus and support New update broke desktop+taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Had my pc update overnight. Now after logging in, the desktop is black with no shortcuts and the Taskbar keeps blinking and is unusable. Would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PlainRamenNoodles, Nov 13, 2019.

1. New update broke desktop+taskbar

Had my pc update overnight. Now after logging in, the desktop is black with no shortcuts and the Taskbar keeps blinking and is unusable. Would appreciate some support

submitted by /u/PlainRamenNoodles
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PlainRamenNoodles, Nov 13, 2019

2. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What are you exactly referring to when you say “Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar”?
    For testing, I suggest you to create a new user account and check the status of this issue.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Reply us back with the results. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 13, 2019
  4. New update broke desktop+taskbar

taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

New update broke desktop+taskbar

1. New update broke desktop+taskbar - Similar Threads - update broke desktop+taskbar

2. Windows new update broke Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows new update broke Windows explorer: On Windows 11, after latest update, windows explorer seems broken. I have it pinned in taskbar and after clicking it, it doesn't launch, however if I click start menu button after that, several explorer windows start opening. Very annoying. Hope Microsoft fixes this soon....
  3. New Update Broke My PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Update Broke My PC: Hello,Recently when I was gonna turn off my pc, I noticed I had an update, so I choose the option "update and shut down", the PC restarted and now every time I try to shut it down it just won't, it keeps saying shutting down and won't do anything another issue now I have is...
  4. The new update broke my headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new update broke my headset: After downloading the latest update and shutting my pc down, my left ear is much louder than my right side. I found a temporary solution by messing with the sound balance. But this makes a terrible ringing/buzzing sound come from the left side when nothing is playing. I...
  5. December 10 update broke my taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    December 10 update broke my taskbar: I caught my Win 10 Lenovo S145 laptop updating last night, so I waited for it to finish, then went to bed. This morning I find that my task bar is non-functional. I can only open a program if it has a shortcut on my desktop or if I go into a program folder and find the...
  6. Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop

Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop: Hello all, I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else had troubles... I had a user update to Feature Update 2004 last week on Friday, and RDP broke completely. We'd attempt to connect, and the connection would spin and spin. Tried reboots, speed tests on their home...
  7. Windows update broke my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update broke my desktop icons: Never had this issue in a very long time, as soon as i updated windows 10 to 1404, my icons now rearrange themselves after refreshing the desktop or rebooting the computer. I've tried deleting the icon cache, unchecking align to grid, unchecking allow desktop to rearrange...
  8. New windows update broke pc

New windows update broke pc: Hello, earlier I did my new windows update and now when I play games my monitor turns on and off and so does my keyboard. My mouse is fine. Any suggestions submitted by /u/devon_phillipps [link] [comments]...
  9. My taskbar broke?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar broke?: Alright, so I'm just browsing the web, and out of NOWHERE my taskbar does this :[ATTACH]please give me answers of how to solve this! I can't see the time and date anymore, and it just looks overall bad....
  10. Windows taskbar icons broke

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows taskbar icons broke: I have had a few times when the windows icons do not do anything when left clicking. The windows Start menu , cortana icon , notification panel, clock. All of my desktop icons work fine. Anyone have an idea what needs to be done to get this going again? Thank you 28031