Windows 10: New update broke folder/file names display?

Discus and support New update broke folder/file names display? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] half a question, half request for help. Installed the new update an no long or multiple word file/folder names get cut off mid word and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nkoptzev, Mar 14, 2021.

1. New update broke folder/file names display?

New update broke folder/file names display? 8BbT4Oj78a2tkpEt3KCC3zx_h59ofIiOr9NSf7tapGc.jpg

half a question, half request for help.

Installed the new update an no long or multiple word file/folder names get cut off mid word and dropped down to the next line, picture example provided (sorry for foreign languages).

any help anyone can provide on the matter (could not find a mention on it in other forums and file explorer settings so I'm clueless).

edit: adding OS build as AM suggested - 19042.867

screenshot

submitted by /u/Nkoptzev
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nkoptzev, Mar 14, 2021
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Mar 14, 2021
  3. White Win User
    List file names than a folder.

Thanks for the suggestion I have obtained the list of the names of my folders, I have another question, you can.
    Or rather to customize several music files with the ending of a custom name.

It is possible to switch to multiple files with a bat or exampleslash (custom name)blue (custom name) (custom name)pizarron (custom name)table (custom name)

White, Mar 14, 2021
  4. New update broke folder/file names display?

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

New update broke folder/file names display?

1. New update broke folder/file names display? - Similar Threads - update broke folder

2. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  3. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  4. File folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File folder name: When I'm trying to type a name into a new file, it will stop me after so many characters. What is going on? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-name/87c6a0f0-b69b-4506-ac4f-3d340bdc3f21
  5. Since updating, full folder names don't display in Downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since updating, full folder names don't display in Downloads folder.: In my experience over the years, when file or folder's name is too long that it gets truncated, you simply click on it to see the full name. So, in other words, I might have a folder like this: https://i.imgur.com/P8nqQUw.png To see the full name, I just click on it (or...
  6. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name: I got a new computer with only a 256 GB SSD and installed Windows on it. Because I have a considerable amount of other personal files on my computer, I decided to Move the big folders like "Documents" and "Music" from the SSD (C:/Users/Seth (my username) folder) to a hard...
  7. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name: I got a new computer with only a 256 GB SSD and installed Windows on it. Because I have a considerable amount of other personal files on my computer, I decided to Move the big folders like "Documents" and "Music" from the SSD C:/Users/Seth my username folder to a hard drive....
  8. How to display longer folder and file names before the cutoff

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display longer folder and file names before the cutoff: So look at this photo: [img] How can I make Windows 10 display those folder names longer by default? Thanks 95341
  9. Folder/file name display mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder/file name display mode: Hi, With anniversary update microsoft showed another fine art of its genius developers by changing the folders name display from center aligned to left aligned was a bad change, from initial windows 95, it was center aligned, i hoped to fix it by installing all 4 updates...
  10. Files names not displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Files names not displaying: I am using Windows 10 and Office 2013 When I Open several workbooks at once and select the Excel Icon on the task bar, the workbooks appear as Excel, but displays no names. When I click any of the workbooks showing as Excel only , the name will then display for the...