Windows 10: new update broke, well most things.

Discus and support new update broke, well most things. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just got the march 17th update and it broke most of my usb devices. Occulus rift, joysticks, steering wheel etc. basicly anything that needs any power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tepescovir, Mar 17, 2016.

1. new update broke, well most things.

Just got the march 17th update and it broke most of my usb devices. Occulus rift, joysticks, steering wheel etc. basicly anything that needs any power such as leds.

usb devices except mouse and keyboard(not sure why) keep turning on and off every few seconds so cant be used. it was all good earlier today, then got the update which we dont have any choice in , and now usb 2/3 or even powered hub makes no difference. just keeps powering up and down.

Using evga x99 classified and no driver updates are available so any idea when this will be fixed?

:)

Tepescovir, Mar 17, 2016
  2. Ryo TGZ Win User

Can't join room, Error: "Can't connect", Xbox subscription, Music Pass, Microsoft account??

well... after the update for the lumia 920 at&t... This is broke for us again. unable to join new rooms that we create.

Ryo TGZ, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Apps won't Launch after Anniversary Update

This appears to be the exact issue I have as well after the most recent Windows update, it broke lots of integrated Microsoft applications including Skype which I use daily, when ca a fixe be available?

Patrick Zuluaga, Mar 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

new update broke, well most things.

Hi, just to confirm, what is your build number? (Run box, type winver).
    And what is the last update you have received, and what happens if you uninstall it?

(Note, you may need to disconnect your internet to stop Windows reapplying the update whilst trying this)

You can choose to disable specific updates if you wish.
    Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Mar 17, 2016
  5. version 1151 05 10586.164 win 10 home.
    I disconnected from the net and restored my pc to an earlier build and all worked fine again, then allowed it to update to the latest build and the usb ports again started giving trouble. There is no notification of the usb ports connecting/disconnecting. all looks fine in device manager. But when i have my joysticks and occulus rift plugged in, the led's keep turning randomly on and off every min or two and the devices are not usable.

I have a gaming laptop as well, so tested the rift and joysticks on it and they all worked fine, I then allowed it to install the latest win 10 update and it too started having the same issue with usb devices. so same issue on 2 very different pc's with the latest win 10 update.

Mind you, the keyboard and mouse are fine, but they are legacy devices? and it makes no difference if it's usb2 or 3 and even using a powered usb hub dosent help.

So the only fix i have for the moment is to restore windows to an earlier build and use the registry hack to block windows update.

Tepescovir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

new update broke, well most things.

1. new update broke, well most things. - Similar Threads - update broke things

2. The most annoying thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The most annoying thing: How do I fix permanently this issue? My icons are not supposed to look like that. I tried restarting Explorer, yet the issue still is not fixed. When I log off then on again the issue gets fixed, but after some time it gets on a gain....
  3. The most annoying thing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The most annoying thing: How do I fix permanently this issue? My icons are not supposed to look like that. I tried restarting Explorer, yet the issue still is not fixed. When I log off then on again the issue gets fixed, but after some time it gets on a gain....
  4. The most annoying thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. i broke a lot of things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i broke a lot of things: i moved my %appdata% folder, and now a lot of the windows 10 features won't work. reason for moving it: I was constantly running out of space on my windows partition and I don't have money to spend on a new hard drive with more space right now, but I did move it properly. I...
  6. [HELP][Update] Update broke multiple things

[HELP][Update] Update broke multiple things: things that broke: discord audio i/o general audio input audio output on firefox cant revert update submitted by /u/mss0406 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0ysvb/helpupdate_update_broke_multiple_things/
  7. most recent update broke wireless connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    most recent update broke wireless connections: Hello! Since the last update, every time I change wireless networks with my laptop, the wireless adapter can't see any networks. Once I reboot at the new location, it connects just fine. But it means I have to reboot literally every time I open the laptop at home, at work,...
  8. Sound broke after most recent update

Sound broke after most recent update: I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted or on. Clicking it opened the troubleshooter, which was worthless. I tried updating my drivers, it says they are up to date....
  9. Update broke Cortana/search and most windows programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Update broke Cortana/search and most windows programs: The frustration level is through the roof. I already formatted my system once after the anniversary update ruined it and it's happened again. Had a bunch of automatic updates in December and the number of things that broke is staggering. I no longer have cortana nor the...
  10. Latest update broke things after reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update broke things after reboot.: So far, I cannot run a no sleep hard drive program, Task Manager, or Outlook. Oh joy as I look for other things that no longer work. And...it's now working again, all of it. I guess it had to ruminate and digest the update for a few hours. I did nothing but play WoW for a...