Windows 10: New Update cause error

Discus and support New Update cause error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just updated my windows 10 . After update,i am not able to open Microsoft Store,Get Help and many more other apps. Not even able to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bhumikprajapati, Jun 27, 2020.

1. New Update cause error

I just updated my windows 10 .

After update,i am not able to open Microsoft Store,Get Help and many more other apps.

Not even able to open the options available in Windows Defender.

Showing that "YOU WILL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS LINK"

:)

bhumikprajapati, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Edleen Win User

Possible Causes of atikmdag errors

I was courious to see how many different causes there are to the infamous atikmdag.sys error that strikes widely across and has so for a long time, I am getting it myself also and it is really starting to wear me out. It is pretty annoying having a $520 Readeon 3870x2 card if you can't use it without errors.

So first of all, here is the apparant reason for my atikmdag error:

When I play a game, regardless of settings, clocks or anything else, the fan speed wil not be adjusting and the card will get hotter as it performs. As soon as the card gets hot enough, my system will attempt to speed up the fan and as soon as they do, I get the atikmdag error. I never hear the fan of my card go beyond 30% fan speed unless I push it using Rivatuner.

Anyone else got other apparant reasons?

By the way, here are the steps I have been trying to fix it
    • Renaming atikmdag.sys to "atikomdag.sys(old)
    • Set fan speed profiles in Rivatuner depending on temeprature thresholds
    • Setting fixed fan speed in Rivatuner
    • Installing only the ATI drivers without Catalyst Control Centre
    • Replacing RAM blocks
    • Trying older drivers
    I have probably tried a few

Edleen, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 27, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

New Update cause error

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

New Update cause error

1. New Update cause error - Similar Threads - Update cause error

2. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New update causes computer freeze: New update causes computer freeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-causes-computer-freeze/78a6f082-a88d-4793-9d59-437e66cb1e60
  3. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New update causes computer freeze: New update causes computer freeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-causes-computer-freeze/78a6f082-a88d-4793-9d59-437e66cb1e60
  4. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update caused sound error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update caused sound error: So I recently updated my windows 10 and ever since the update my speaker isn't working, there is a red cross overvthe speaker, I tried to reinstall the drivers checked my hardware but nothing fix the problem So I'm reinstalling Windows but its stuck at 66% for hours now...
  6. Latest update cause error

Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  7. New Update cause errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Update cause errors: I just updated my windows 10 . After update,i am not able to open Microsoft Store,Get Help and many more other apps. Not even able to open the options available in Windows Defender. Showing that "YOU WILL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS LINK"...
  8. New Update causes constant freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Update causes constant freezing: Ok ever since I installed the new Windows 10 update my laptop has been freezing constantly, requiring a hard reset each time, after having rarely done so before this. How do I fix this issue/is Microsoft aware there is a problem...
  9. New update causes issues with sound

New update causes issues with sound: I recently got a small update to windows on my computer. Once the update was finished I jumped on and the sound was not working. It has done this before so I didn't think much of it and did my usual reinstall of the drivers. Unfortunately that did not help. I have tried...
  10. New Update Causing Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    New Update Causing Problems: That newest big update a couple of days ago- the one where your computer restarted a few times- well, since then I've been having glitches. My Google Chrome is slow to start, switch pages, etc. It didn't do this before. It's self-updating so I'm sure I have the latest...