Windows 10: New Update causes constant freezing

Discus and support New Update causes constant freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok ever since I installed the new Windows 10 update my laptop has been freezing constantly, requiring a hard reset each time, after having rarely done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bree_AL, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Bree_AL Win User

New Update causes constant freezing

Ok ever since I installed the new Windows 10 update my laptop has been freezing constantly, requiring a hard reset each time, after having rarely done so before this. How do I fix this issue/is Microsoft aware there is a problem

:)

Bree_AL, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Vee39 Win User

Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.

The title says it all. Constant freezing and slow to open programs - I'm talking about minutes not seconds. I have anti-virus and malware software working. Recently, downloaded latest Windows 10 update. Now it seems worse. But it was bad before that. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vee39, Aug 25, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Aug 25, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. New Update causes constant freezing - Similar Threads - Update causes constant

2. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New update causes computer freeze: New update causes computer freeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-causes-computer-freeze/78a6f082-a88d-4793-9d59-437e66cb1e60
  3. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New update causes computer freeze: New update causes computer freeze https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-causes-computer-freeze/78a6f082-a88d-4793-9d59-437e66cb1e60
  4. New update causes computer freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Built new pc but it constantly freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built new pc but it constantly freezes: Hello,I've recently built a new pc but every so often the display freezes and I can't do anything other than force shut down the system via the power on button. I went to the sysinfo to check for crashes but I can't find any information there last event is the force shut...
  6. new updates cause computer to freeze up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new updates cause computer to freeze up: You just installed updates KB2467173 KB 4580980 KB4023057 and now it always freezes up after various lengths of short time?????? so now what do I do?????...
  7. Constant BSOD/Freezing, Stumped at cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD/Freezing, Stumped at cause: Hello, Thanks for the assistance. Recently my PC has started BSODing or Just randomly locking up and restarting when using certain programs. I dont think its a hardware issue as it will run fine with some things for hours on end but consistently locks up and restart with...
  8. 100% disk usage causing constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage causing constant freezing: So I’ve had this issue for around a year and a half where I get 100% disk usage on either my ssd or my hard drive, and it causes applications to freeze for 1-30 seconds, it happens constantly and have tried many things to fix it(reset virtual memory, disabled windows...
  9. New PC build - Constantly freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    New PC build - Constantly freezing: Hello guys, I've just build my first PC and it has been working fine for a week. Although I didn't install a graphics card, I installed some games (League of Legends and GTA V ) just to see the perfomance without a GPU, and it was surprising well, also the CPU temperature...
  10. Windows 10 update has caused overheating, constant fan, and freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update has caused overheating, constant fan, and freezes: I updated to Windows 10 using the direct method (downloading the file from Microsoft's site rather than waiting for the update in my bottom right corner). Since I've updated, my computer has begun to drastically overheat; the simplest things such as unplugging and walking...