Windows 10: New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help?

Discus and support New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Fast traslate Icon translate I have asked for help multiple times. The first two times there was some support answers, and I had mentioned that I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaCaleb, Apr 7, 2021.

1. New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help?

Fast traslate
    Icon translate

I have asked for help multiple times. The first two times there was some support answers, and I had mentioned that I was trying to get assistance as I couldn't fully understand the answers given. Also, there seemed to be some conflicting advice in the articles and the advice given. After the first update at the beginning of the year, I did not get any blue screens, but my account which had administrator privileges had most files moved, and a temporary profile created. All files were changed to read only, and Office 2007 was hidden, and had to be accessed by searching for it in the search box in the start menu. it can open all word files, but can no longer associate files. Microsoft claims that it is no longer compatible, but it looks like a forced upgrade, as it still fully functions.

Despite of that, I have been trying to get advice, but for some reason, nobody is responding.

I have mentioned that the repair installation needing bootable media says it requires a registration code in the article, but I was told it doesn't, and also the sandisk website says to partition the usb drive, but a person here says I don't need to. Also, the article says it sometimes does not work.

I find it odd that old updates left a restore point, but the new updates do not allow that. Also, it seemed optional to update in previous versions of windows, but now all updates are forced.

Please see my previous article, and see if you can help. I do not understand why people are helping others with windows problems, but not with me. I also do not understand why Microsoft used to help people, but now all help are volunteers. I have been able to get help with everything except for Windows updates. I am going to try to get some IT that my dad knows to try to help with it, but it is not guaranteed. I do not want to go to Best Buy or something like that to have my hard drive wiped, and Windows installed. On Windows Vista, I was able to likely back up my hard drive, and re-install Windows, but I don't think that is an option for this case.

I really would like to learn why Microsoft has hidden Office 2007 which is fully functional, and has made an update and basically chosen to not allow users to use it in Windows 10. Not everyone can purchase new licenses every time new software comes out. I am really disappointed that all my templates are erased, and that they cannot be downloaded again. Most people think that it was deleted, but it is really not. The update tricks users into thinking it was deleted and says it isn't supported. For me, it was there after the profile was corrupted, but disappeared after I uninstalled the first update, then reinstalled it.

:)

JoshuaCaleb, Apr 7, 2021
  2. bumgarb42 Win User

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help? [​IMG]

New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help? [​IMG]

bumgarb42, Apr 7, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Tatty_One Win User

New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help?

Windows Update keeps failing!

But surely that would not have corrupted all the updates or caused the User profiles to dissapear on the previous install?

Tatty_One, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help?

1. New update crashes windows, and previous update corrupted profile. can somebody help? - Similar Threads - update crashes previous

2. Help with kernel crashes and corrupt updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with kernel crashes and corrupt updates.: Ive done all the sfc scan nows and dcim deals i can find on here no clue what to do please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-kernel-crashes-and-corrupt-updates/8f384dfc-0b48-4f87-a57a-cf212c07436d
  3. Help with kernel crashes and corrupt updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with kernel crashes and corrupt updates.: Ive done all the sfc scan nows and dcim deals i can find on here no clue what to do please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-kernel-crashes-and-corrupt-updates/8f384dfc-0b48-4f87-a57a-cf212c07436d
  4. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP??: I was resetting my PCwipe hard disk optionand it turned off because my mum turned off the power now it says to boot in 'windows volume 3' or 'windows volume 3' then i tried ways online and it all led to one screen saying 'You need to sign in as an administrator to continue,...
  5. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP??: I was resetting my PCwipe hard disk optionand it turned off because my mum turned off the power now it says to boot in 'windows volume 3' or 'windows volume 3' then i tried ways online and it all led to one screen saying 'You need to sign in as an administrator to continue,...
  6. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I have a corrupted profile after a recent update. Can somebody help me figure out how to do...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a corrupted profile after a recent update. Can somebody help me figure out how to do...: Fast traslate Icon translate I had previously requested help, but I had trouble getting assistance locally. I need to do a repair install. All files are read only, and I need to use a bootable media. I have heard that sandisk usb drives may require to be partitioned, and I do...
  8. New update blocked by previous update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New update blocked by previous update: I see there is a new Windows update but the previous one is in the way, again attempting to install itself. It appeared to begin to download the new Update but then reverted back to this old one again. I've stopped the Windows Update in the Task Manager and cleared the...
  9. Can somebody help me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can somebody help me: ¿Is it driver problem, or is it my windows?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-somebody-help-me/adfb45d9-0587-42d9-996c-c3a6eae2c61d
  10. Can somebody help me with this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can somebody help me with this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DoctorVid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hf4ieo/can_somebody_help_me_with_this/