Windows 10: New update messed up files, can't see video thumbnails

Discus and support New update messed up files, can't see video thumbnails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Great update, I really hated being able to see video thumbnails so I'm really glad that all my video files which have numerical names now just show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clumsy_Carrie, Jun 17, 2020.

1. New update messed up files, can't see video thumbnails

Great update, I really hated being able to see video thumbnails so I'm really glad that all my video files which have numerical names now just show up as identical icons, and I didn't even have to ask for it to happen. Thanks a bunch!

:)

Clumsy_Carrie, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Jun 17, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

New update messed up files, can't see video thumbnails

dalchina, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

New update messed up files, can't see video thumbnails

1. New update messed up files, can't see video thumbnails - Similar Threads - update messed files

2. Thumbnail cache messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail cache messed up: Somehow my pictures folder shows icons and not thumbnails little pictures. If I open a folde inside the pictures folder it still shows icons until I click on each.I've tried resetting, clearing and rebuilding the thumbnail cache following directions from tenforums.comWhen I...
  3. Thumbnail cache messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail cache messed up: Somehow my pictures folder shows icons and not thumbnails little pictures. If I open a folde inside the pictures folder it still shows icons until I click on each.I've tried resetting, clearing and rebuilding the thumbnail cache following directions from tenforums.comWhen I...
  4. Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up: Hello Microsoft communityI'm using Windows 10 on Laptop And For a No reason I cant see my videos Thumbnail....Any Solution For That?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-all-messed-up/8e55356d-706d-4c70-b1fe-1775bee6ce5d
  5. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?: I am using Windows 11 Pro N. There is no thumbnail preview on .mp4 or any other video file. I have enabled thumbnail preview on folder options but still, the problem persists. DOes getting media features pack solves the problem ? If so how do I get it ? WIndows 10 media...
  6. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?: I am using Windows 11 Pro N. There is no thumbnail preview on .mp4 or any other video file. I have enabled thumbnail preview on folder options but still, the problem persists. DOes getting media features pack solves the problem ? If so how do I get it ? WIndows 10 media...
  7. New windows ten update messed up my files

New windows ten update messed up my files: Hello there! As you know a new version if windows was released and everyone had updated to that version but something is really off with it. My files arent in the right places anymore and things with my home screen have been enlarged i fixed that and my laptop is just acting...
  8. Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TaranStark [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxw6t2/not_seeing_any_thumbnails_for_video_files_after/
  9. Saving a file breaks thumbnails and messes up file explorer

Saving a file breaks thumbnails and messes up file explorer: When I save a file from any browser to anywhere but the default download location it will sometimes freeze while attempting to open a window asking me where to save. It also breaks thumbnails for some reason. I'm forced to close my browser and either log out or restart it...
  10. 1803 messed up my video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    1803 messed up my video thumbnails: I upgraded to 1803 on 2 pcs and since then only half my video files have thumbnails. Doesn't seem to be a particular file type - some mp4s are affected, some not (ditto mkv, avi). I have the relevant (show icons never thumbnails) boxes set correctly. I don't think it's a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update messed up thumbnails