Windows 10: New Update Mouse DPI Problem

Discus and support New Update Mouse DPI Problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After new windows update my mouse dpi looks different, everything is normal but my mouse dpi look Higher in games and everything my dpi is 800 but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Behnud, Nov 24, 2020.

1. /u/Behnud Win User

New Update Mouse DPI Problem

After new windows update my mouse dpi looks different, everything is normal but my mouse dpi look Higher in games and everything my dpi is 800 but it feels higher then 800. I don't know how to fix it

submitted by /u/Behnud
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Behnud, Nov 24, 2020

2. Mouse DPI

Hello Ray,

DPI is the standard used to measure the mouse sensitivity, expressed as the number of DPIs (dots per linear inch) that a device can detect. By changing the DPI, you can instantly adjust pointer speed for precision tasks,
    such as in-game targeting or photo editing. The greater the number of DPIs, the higher the mouse sensitivity, and the faster the pointer speed.
    PS/2 is a type of port used by older computers for connecting input devices such as keyboards and mice, which had six pins with a circular shape.

Some mouse models include dedicated buttons (DPI On-the-fly buttons) you can use to instantly adjust your mouse sensitivity (DPI).

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 24, 2020
  3. New Windows update Mouse wheel problem

Hello Jack,

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• Do you face this issue only with browsers or all the applications?

• Are you using wired or wireless Mouse?

• Did you try connecting mouse to other port?

• Are you facing this issue with other Mouse too?

• To troubleshoot your issue we need to know which update is causing this issue. Please let us know what is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:
    Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Mouse drivers and check if it helps:

You may follow the steps in the article below:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Prosia Win User

Mouse problems with Windows 10

* Initial mouse settings in Windows 7*

Dpi of mouse hardware selection : 1000

Disabled enhance pointer precision

Pointer speed in mouse properties : 6

* Mouse settings adjusted to fit the sensitivity of Windows 7 in Windows 10 *

Dpi of mouse hardware selection : 1600

After i updated my OS to Windows 10, my mouse became more inaccurate. In Windows 7, I could move my mouse left and right continuously and spinning circles for a long time with very less dislocation. However in Windows 10, the pointer
    will gradually move towards the top right of the screen after moving the mouse randomly at the same range of positions.

I tried messing with the sensitivity settings such as : None of them solved the issue

• Lowering the pointer speed to Slowest and increasing the mouse dpi to 3000
    • Increasing the pointer speed to Fastest and lowering the mouse dpi to 400
    • Enabling enhance pointer precision
    • Reinstall the mouse driver
    • Disable the mouse software
    I was comfortable with 1000 dpi in windows 7 and the 1600 dpi in windows 10 feels similar but with heavy dislocations. Near May there was an auto-update which the dislocation problem was fixed and where the 1000 dpi in windows 10 feels like the 1600 dpi
    before the update . But after a computer restart, the problem reappeared and i changed the dpi back to 1600.

I would really want to solve this problem as soon as possible but i am not sure what is the cause.

If anybody shares the same experience and knows the solution please reply. Thank you.

Prosia, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. New Update Mouse DPI Problem - Similar Threads - Update Mouse DPI

2. HOW TO CHECK MOUSE DPI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO CHECK MOUSE DPI: Hello, so basically i tried to check my mouse DPI on microsoft keyboard and mouse but apparently my wired mouse wasnt compatible so i was wondering is there any other way to check my dpi my mouse is a steel series rival 3...
  3. HOW TO CHECK MOUSE DPI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO CHECK MOUSE DPI: Hello, so basically i tried to check my mouse DPI on microsoft keyboard and mouse but apparently my wired mouse wasnt compatible so i was wondering is there any other way to check my dpi my mouse is a steel series rival 3...
  4. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue: I'm using an Egonomic Bluetooth mouse and if I set it to dpi 2400, it sometimes slows down and when I reset it, it comes back, but please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ergonomic-mouse-dpi-setting-issue/b65c88a7-ecc4-4c39-b4f6-02deef2ebb58
  5. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue: I'm using an Egonomic Bluetooth mouse and if I set it to dpi 2400, it sometimes slows down and when I reset it, it comes back, but please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ergonomic-mouse-dpi-setting-issue/b65c88a7-ecc4-4c39-b4f6-02deef2ebb58
  6. Problem with new mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with new mouse.: I recently bought a new mouse from Reddragon, Model M117, when I connect it to the PC I hear the Windows sound but the mouse does not work, I tried to uninstall and install software from the mouse, after that the mouse keeps turning on and off without disconnecting from the...
  7. Problem with new mouse.

Problem with new mouse.: I recently bought a new mouse from Reddragon, Model M117, when I connect it to the PC I hear the Windows sound but the mouse does not work, I tried to uninstall and install software from the mouse, after that the mouse keeps turning on and off without disconnecting from the...
  8. dpi external mouse issue

dpi external mouse issue: so around 2 months ago i started having issues with my mouse speed/dpi and nothing i have done has fixed the problems, its hardware not software that's the issue, I've reset my pc many times, tried different ports, mice. nothing has helped. anyone have a solution or know...
  9. DPI mouse on window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPI mouse on window 10: Why you guys dont create a more detailed menu to change mouse DPI like actualy showing what is your current DPI instead of the cursor speed , this is so bold and you actually losing money with this , like you have to actually buy a mouse with software support mouse dpi ,...
  10. Mouse dpi button opens office

Mouse dpi button opens office: Hello, i have problems with my mouse dpi button, because when i press it opens office. I've searched for a solution but nothing has worked. The mouse its a philips spk7203, its a usb wireless model. I've noticed that some functionalities that used to work fine are not...