Windows 10: New Update removed all my pinned start programs and put a Productivity category with...

Discus and support New Update removed all my pinned start programs and put a Productivity category with... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just ranting because it's annoying that Operating systems change things to suit their own agenda. This new productivity category is just Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/prozaker, Mar 21, 2023.

1. New Update removed all my pinned start programs and put a Productivity category with...

Just ranting because it's annoying that Operating systems change things to suit their own agenda. This new productivity category is just Microsoft programs, like Edge (I use Firefox), Outlook and Office (I use Gmail and LibreOffice). Bad PR for the sake of adverts. I'm now considering using an alternative shell that won't change things for me, I welcome your suggestions New Update removed all my pinned start programs and put a Productivity category with... :)

submitted by /u/prozaker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/prozaker, Mar 21, 2023

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 21, 2023
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

Windows help & learning

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Marco Gav Win User

New Update removed all my pinned start programs and put a Productivity category with...

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

New Update removed all my pinned start programs and put a Productivity category with...

1. New Update removed all my pinned start programs and put a Productivity category with... - Similar Threads - Update removed pinned

2. Windows 10 Update removed all my programs!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update removed all my programs!: What's going on here? Why has windows 10 removed all my programs during an update?Last night, i started an update on my laptop but when I turned it on for work today all my programs were gone. This is extremely disappointing as instead of doing any work, I will now be trying...
  3. Windows 10 Update removed all my programs!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update removed all my programs!: What's going on here? Why has windows 10 removed all my programs during an update?Last night, i started an update on my laptop but when I turned it on for work today all my programs were gone. This is extremely disappointing as instead of doing any work, I will now be trying...
  4. Windows 10 Update removed all my programs!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New update removed all passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    New update removed all passwords: I have Windows 10 and Office 365, I just updated my PC and restarted it. Everything seemed fine for a few days. Today Outlook would not work, it asked for me to enter all of my passwords again, I have many in use and most have 2 step authentication so that took forever,...
  6. Windows 10 - New programs being put into folders in the start menu

Windows 10 - New programs being put into folders in the start menu: HI For Windows 10, when I add a new program it creates a folder and puts the program into this in the start menu. This isn't necessary and just adds an extra click when choosing a program. How do I stop programs going into folders? [ATTACH] Thanks Rachel...
  7. Remove "Pin to Start"

Remove "Pin to Start": I always accidentally click "Pin to Start" when I want to empty the recycle bin, by right-clicking the recycle bin on the desktop. Is there a way to remove it, or place it somewhere else in the context menu?...
  8. Latest Windows 10 Update removed ALL my programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows 10 Update removed ALL my programs.: I had an update last night and afterwards I shut my PC off. I came back today and while Chrome was still installed, I used that for a few hours and was fine, until I noticed EVERY program I had installed on my PC was gone! What would cause this?! I've had Windows 10 installed...
  9. Pinned programs on all taskbars.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pinned programs on all taskbars.: Heya. On Win7 using a program like DisplayFusion you could have pinned programs show on all taskbars while having windows only show on the taskbar for the screen its on. Does anyone know if its possible to do the same in Win10? I know these settings exists but there...
  10. make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories

in Windows 10 Support
    make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories: Anyway to make start button list all my applications without having to to click all apps and remove the abc categories? 8970