Windows 10: New update setup up new Desktop - how do i get the old on back?

Discus and support New update setup up new Desktop - how do i get the old on back? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The latest update automatically setup a new desktop or user. I need my old one back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R CSpangenberg, May 12, 2021.

1. New update setup up new Desktop - how do i get the old on back?

The latest update automatically setup a new desktop or user. I need my old one back.

:)

R CSpangenberg, May 12, 2021

2. Want old desktop back

• What old desktop?
    • What new desktop?
    • Vista is still getting updates?

Bruce Hagen, May 12, 2021
  3. New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, May 12, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

New update setup up new Desktop - how do i get the old on back?

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, May 12, 2021
Thema:

New update setup up new Desktop - how do i get the old on back?

1. New update setup up new Desktop - how do i get the old on back? - Similar Threads - update setup Desktop

2. How do I get the old trimmer back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the old trimmer back?: The new trim function is horrendous and ruins the image quality. The previous Video editor was well-made and functioned as intended. Same with the trim function on Photos. I tried using Photo Legacy, but unfortunately, it still redirects me to that 'ClipChamp' application,...
  3. How do I get the old trimmer back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get the old trimmer back?: The new trim function is horrendous and ruins the image quality. The previous Video editor was well-made and functioned as intended. Same with the trim function on Photos. I tried using Photo Legacy, but unfortunately, it still redirects me to that 'ClipChamp' application,...
  4. How do I get the old trimmer back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?: Hi, Today I opened my laptop to see a floating searchbar on my desktop.Without really considering it I disabled it at startup and closed the program, the issue is that I'm now curious about it and can't seem to find a setting to enable it or app to execute it, I remember it...
  6. New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?

New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?: Hi, Today I opened my laptop to see a floating searchbar on my desktop.Without really considering it I disabled it at startup and closed the program, the issue is that I'm now curious about it and can't seem to find a setting to enable it or app to execute it, I remember it...
  7. New update set up new desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New update set up new desktop: The latest update created a new desktop user, how can I get my old one back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-set-up-new-desktop/11099997-787d-47dc-b7e2-fac71e8c021c
  8. New update set up new desktop

New update set up new desktop: The latest update created a new desktop user, how can I get my old one back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-set-up-new-desktop/11099997-787d-47dc-b7e2-fac71e8c021c
  9. New update set up new desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I get the old file back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get the old file back?: At first I didn't think I'd have a reason to need the old version of Rick428. But yesterday when I found the file I wanted to save and called it Rick428, I was asked do I want to replace it. Yes, I did. When I saw Rick428 twice in my list of downloads I realized I could...