Windows 10: New update wants me to enter my google/gmail password. Not going to happen!

Discus and support New update wants me to enter my google/gmail password. Not going to happen! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I think it will be so i can use the default email app that pops up when I click on some websites that have an email contact link. This never works, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by B3v, Apr 2, 2021.

1. B3V
    B3v Win User

New update wants me to enter my google/gmail password. Not going to happen!

I think it will be so i can use the default email app that pops up when I click on some websites that have an email contact link. This never works, I wish the website that use these links would just prove an email address to contact. Any way I do not want my google password out there and I do want to use the default microsoft email app.
    I was able to ask the update to remind me again in 3 days I am hoping it will just go away but, >>>>Micrsoft<<<< . Enough said?

:)

2. DarkDan Win User

Update gmail password error

Guys,

This is a problem with Google not recognizing Windows Phone and requiring additional validation.

Steps to resolve:

• Go to
      https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
    • Enter the user ID and password for your gmail account
    • Enter the Captcha
    • It should return a message stating:

Verification Completed
      This verification will expire in 10 minutes, so return to your device or application to resume your sign-in.
    • Return to your mobile device and try to sign in again.
    • Enjoy gmail on your Windows Phone! New update wants me to enter my google/gmail password. Not going to happen! :)

DarkDan, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Bastet Win User
    Outlook 2016-Gmail not sending, password for SMTP, tried ports 465 587

Does the Google account use two-step authentication? If so then the Gmail account may require an app specific password which is entered instead of the account password.

Bastet, Apr 2, 2021
  4. New update wants me to enter my google/gmail password. Not going to happen!

Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

New update wants me to enter my google/gmail password. Not going to happen!

1. New update wants me to enter my google/gmail password. Not going to happen! - Similar Threads - update wants enter

2. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...: It is when opening my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-asking-me-to-enter-passwordwhen-i-went-to/bdbd8c1b-d0ff-4366-bee8-c153d8113e94
  3. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...: It is when opening my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-asking-me-to-enter-passwordwhen-i-went-to/bdbd8c1b-d0ff-4366-bee8-c153d8113e94
  4. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Update Password on Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Password on Gmail: My gmail account continually asks that I Please Update the password of the account. Even though I do everytime it still asks and always has an exclamation mark beside it...
  6. I cannot access my Google passwords because I cannot enter my Windows password in Google...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot access my Google passwords because I cannot enter my Windows password in Google...: I am trying to update my Google passwords account, and I need to enter my Windows p/w in my Google acct p/w window to do this! Yes, strange as it seems, there is a bizarre hierarchy of passwords in which Windows p/w controls Google acct ! HOWEVER, the Google Window asking...
  7. Gmail account, Google

Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  8. changed my password in microsoft but gmail outlook will not accept new password

changed my password in microsoft but gmail outlook will not accept new password: changed my password in microsoft but gmail outlook will not accept new password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-password-in-microsoft-but-gmail-outlook/bb84fdb4-c7c4-4988-a604-27253d6c818b"
  9. gmail/google and megalomania

in Browsers and Email
    gmail/google and megalomania: Excellent torre .... just what I needed. My feeling is precisely the same as the final statement from Caller! *Smile
  10. Google adds new security updates to Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    Google adds new security updates to Gmail: Keeping company data secure is priority one, and that starts with protecting the tools that your employees use every day. We’re constantly adding security features to help businesses stay ahead of potential threats, and are excited to announce new security features for Gmail...