Windows 10: New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer

Discus and support New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd previously clicked whatever box I need to, to stop this. Turn on computer, no password asked for. But after installing recent update it is back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/quiet918, Feb 14, 2020.

1. New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer

I'd previously clicked whatever box I need to, to stop this. Turn on computer, no password asked for.

But after installing recent update it is back to asking for the password.

How do I stop this as when I go to user accounts, I'm just seeing a list of login options without a "fooey to logging in" box.

Help please. New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer :)

submitted by /u/quiet918
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/quiet918, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Medyen Win User

New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer

Windows defender is turned off and won`t turn back on

Windows defender on windows 10 enterprise won`t turn on. This happened shortly after i updated it; when I try to turn it on it says:

This app has been turned off and it isn't monitoring your computer.

And right underneath it, it says:

If you are using another app for malicious and unwanted software use Security and Maintenance to check that app`s status.

Need for a response ASAP, thanks New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer :)

Medyen, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer

1. New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer - Similar Threads - update won't stop

2. My laptop is a connex & when i turn it on it turns black and asks for “user password" , i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is a connex & when i turn it on it turns black and asks for “user password" , i...: My laptop is a connex & when i turn it on it turns black and asks for “user password" , i have typed the password multiple times and nothing has happeneds . What Should I Do ?...
  3. My laptop is a connex & when i turn it on it turns black and asks for “user password" , i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is a connex & when i turn it on it turns black and asks for “user password" , i...: My laptop is a connex & when i turn it on it turns black and asks for “user password" , i have typed the password multiple times and nothing has happeneds . What Should I Do ?...
  4. New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set: I bought a computer with windows loaded into it already. The account was just labeled user and never asked for a password to be entered. But now it is...
  5. New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set

New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set: I bought a computer with windows loaded into it already. The account was just labeled user and never asked for a password to be entered. But now it is...
  6. New computer is asking for a password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  7. New computer is asking for a password.

New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  8. I want No Password when I turn on the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want No Password when I turn on the computer: All I want is for it to not ask for a password and I want to remove the lock screen all together. The stupid lock screen comes on after a few minutes. I want my screen saver to come on, not the lock screen asking me for my password. I already went to netplwiz user accounts...
  9. Computer asks for password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer asks for password: Hey i rest my computer and now it asks for a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/computer-asks-for-password/0f2a89fa-576a-4083-8b0e-fd6f8491875f"
  10. Computer asking for password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer asking for password: About 2 months ago I turned on my computer and it was asking for an administrator password. I don't have one so I put it in the too hard basket and kept using my ipad instead. Now I have just turned my laptop on to see if it has the same message but instead in the middle of...