Windows 10: New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer

Discus and support New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd previously clicked whatever box I need to, to stop this. Turn on computer, no password asked for. But after installing recent update it is back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/quiet918, Feb 14, 2020.

1. New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer

I'd previously clicked whatever box I need to, to stop this. Turn on computer, no password asked for.

But after installing recent update it is back to asking for the password.

How do I stop this as when I go to user accounts, I'm just seeing a list of login options without a "fooey to logging in" box.

Help please. New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer :)

submitted by /u/quiet918
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/quiet918, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Medyen Win User

New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer

Windows defender is turned off and won`t turn back on

Windows defender on windows 10 enterprise won`t turn on. This happened shortly after i updated it; when I try to turn it on it says:

This app has been turned off and it isn't monitoring your computer.

And right underneath it, it says:

If you are using another app for malicious and unwanted software use Security and Maintenance to check that app`s status.

Need for a response ASAP, thanks New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer :)

Medyen, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer

1. New update won't stop asking for a password when I turn on the computer - Similar Threads - update won't stop

2. I want No Password when I turn on the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want No Password when I turn on the computer: All I want is for it to not ask for a password and I want to remove the lock screen all together. The stupid lock screen comes on after a few minutes. I want my screen saver to come on, not the lock screen asking me for my password. I already went to netplwiz user accounts...
  3. Windows 10 asking for password when I login but I never put a password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 asking for password when I login but I never put a password: [IMG]So today, i got on my pc and when i opened it, my computer was asking for a password. I didnt set a password or anything and its asking for one. Also, my computers language is Chinese even though i set it as English. Yesterday, my pc didnt require a password and it was...
  4. how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on: how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-not-have-to-enter-pin-or-password-when/89037f07-cd48-492b-8de3-940f13668a55"
  5. Windows randomly stops asking for a password when resuming from ssaver

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows randomly stops asking for a password when resuming from ssaver: I have had Windows 10 (Build 1809) installed on this system (Desktop) for less than 2 weeks now and on at least two different occasions, Windows failed to bring up the login screen when resuming from the screensaver and instead it just brought me straight to the desktop. As...
  6. When turning computer on it required me to use a password

When turning computer on it required me to use a password: Hi, A long time ago I set my computer so that I had to log in with a password. I deleted the requirement a long time ago and just turn my computer on and I'm in. However, today I was required to sign in using a password. Thankfully I had the password saved in a safe place...
  7. Window updating when I turn on the computer to use it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window updating when I turn on the computer to use it: I'm ready to turn on my computer and get to work. Too bad for me, because I won't be working any time soon. It says, " Working on updates 0%, Don't turn off, This will take a while. WHY does it update when I turn it on?...
  8. Computer asks for password

Computer asks for password: Hey i rest my computer and now it asks for a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/computer-asks-for-password/0f2a89fa-576a-4083-8b0e-fd6f8491875f"
  9. Computer asking for password

Computer asking for password: About 2 months ago I turned on my computer and it was asking for an administrator password. I don't have one so I put it in the too hard basket and kept using my ipad instead. Now I have just turned my laptop on to see if it has the same message but instead in the middle of...
  10. dell computer asking for startup password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    dell computer asking for startup password: never seen this before 85055