Windows 10: New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard

Discus and support New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good afternoon! My laptop had to be restarted to install the new windows 11 updates. After the installation, my Volume power was at 100% and was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dimi lap, Mar 21, 2023.

1. dimi lap Win User

New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard

Good afternoon! My laptop had to be restarted to install the new windows 11 updates. After the installation, my Volume power was at 100% and was not getting affected by the keyboard controls. I have to manually reduce or increase the volume on EACH app I am using. The laptop I have is HP Pavilion, from 2022, with B&O integrated speakers. Before the update - I could control the volume with my keyboard. After the Update - I can see the numbers going up and down, but actual volume is a constant 100% unless I manually reduce it on by the specific app I am on. Any solutions you might suggest ?

:)

dimi lap, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Laptop Volume Control Not Working and Headphones Not Connecting After Update!!!

Hi,

It's possible that your device's sound drivers may have been affected by the update. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you run sound the troubleshooter on your device. To do this, select the Start button, type
    Troubleshoot, and then select Troubleshoot from the list of results. Select
    Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you update your device's sound driver. To do this,
    Open Start , enter Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under
    Sound, video and game controllers, select your sound card, open it, select the
    Driver tab, and select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

For any results, kindly update this thread.

Rey Bel1, Mar 21, 2023
  3. win 10 laptop Keyboard Controls.

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us few details,

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you update the driver for the keyboard?

• Are you facing any other issue with the keyboard?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Hardware troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select
      that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

Hope this information helps. Please get back with more details we are glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 21, 2023
  4. New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard

New Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

I would suggest you to Plug in the new keyboard into another system and check if that works.

As the other MS keyboard works fine, use that keyboard to get to the desktop. Once this is done then plug in the new keyboard and check if the system detects it. If not, then run the hardware troubleshooter and check
    the status.

I also suggest you to install all pending updates and also update all device drivers from Device Manager.

To run hardware and devices troubleshooter follow the steps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type
    Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
    Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard

1. New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard - Similar Threads - updates affecting Sound

2. Windows 11 affected by trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 affected by trojan: Hello, I was trying to install an app that could manipulate my discord server and cause it to automatically create channels, etc and remove all uses against TOS. A trojan was subsequently deployed and the software provider sent me a screen shot of my desktop and my discord...
  3. New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New updates on windows 11 affecting Sound controls on my keyboard: Good afternoon! My laptop had to be restarted to install the new windows 11 updates. After the installation, my Volume power was at 100% and was not getting affected by the keyboard controls. I have to manually reduce or increase the volume on EACH app I am using. The laptop...
  4. Microsoft 11 February 3, 2023 update, affected our access control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 11 February 3, 2023 update, affected our access control.: Microsoft 11 automatically installed an update the morning of February 3, 2023. and its causes of our access control.We are really disappointed as we lose out access control.We spent £300 calling an urgent call to an engineer to fix it.Now question Microsoft will pay back...
  5. Microsoft 11 February 3, 2023 update, affected our access control.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 11 February 3, 2023 update, affected our access control.: Microsoft 11 automatically installed an update the morning of February 3, 2023. and its causes of our access control.We are really disappointed as we lose out access control.We spent £300 calling an urgent call to an engineer to fix it.Now question Microsoft will pay back...
  6. will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?: i want to update my laptop to windows 11 but im afraid it will affect my laptop's performance so, will it affect my laptop performance?my specs are : Ryzen 3 3250u ram 8 memory ssd 512 gb amd radeon graphics...
  7. will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will windows 11 affect my laptop's performance?: i want to update my laptop to windows 11 but im afraid it will affect my laptop's performance so, will it affect my laptop performance?my specs are : Ryzen 3 3250u ram 8 memory ssd 512 gb amd radeon graphics...
  8. A weird glitch affecting the keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A weird glitch affecting the keyboard: Hey The arrow keys(cursor keys) in my laptop (HP OMEN 15 2020) are having a wierd glitch where they randomly stop working but every time I restart my laptop they again starts working Also if I logout and then at the time of login (when I'm typing my password) the keys...
  9. New Windows update affecting my pc performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Windows update affecting my pc performance: The new Windows Update has drastically affected my PC's performance. It's lagging a lot, programms keeps saying Not Responding, laptop takes too long to turn on, keeps freezing. None of these problems were there before this new update. Is there anyway i can once again improve...
  10. updates consistently affecting keyboards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    updates consistently affecting keyboards: Is anyone else getting seriously cheesed off with every update from microsoft screwing up any keyboard that's not a microsoft one? i have three now and every single time an update comes out they start misbehaving. Every time! Having to resort to my crappy USB keyboard...