Windows 10: New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network

Discus and support New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 version 1909 on a couple of refurbished computers; a laptop and a PC. I have them connected together on a Windows Home Network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CluelessInSeatl, Jan 8, 2021.

1. New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network

I'm running Windows 10 version 1909 on a couple of refurbished computers; a laptop and a PC. I have them connected together on a Windows Home Network.

I just bought a USB hard drive which I plugged into the PC. On the PC it shows up as drive E:, (in fact, oddly, it shows up twice) and it also shows up on the network listing in Windows File Explorer on the PC as E (without the colon).

But from the laptop, it doesn't show up at all in the network listing for the PC.

I believe I've set the USB drive to be shared. Is there something else I need do so that that the laptop can "see" the USB drive connected to the PC?

(Over the last couple of decades I've learned that Windows often takes its time finding new devices added to a network. So for now I don't know what else to do but just be patient and wait to see if the new drive finally makes an appearance on the laptop).

Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

:)

CluelessInSeatl, Jan 8, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Bagoguts Win User

New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network

1. New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network - Similar Threads - USB Drive Doesn't

2. Why Doesn't Windows Show My USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Doesn't Windows Show My USB Drive?: I have a USB Drive, 64GB, but it doesn't show on the File Explorar. I tried to format the drive but nothing. What can the problem be? Here's a screenshotThe first two are my SSD and HDD. The two next ones are part of the USB Drive. I also tried to combine E: with Kingston...
  3. Why Doesn't Windows Show My USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Doesn't Windows Show My USB Drive?: I have a USB Drive, 64GB, but it doesn't show on the File Explorar. I tried to format the drive but nothing. What can the problem be? Here's a screenshotThe first two are my SSD and HDD. The two next ones are part of the USB Drive. I also tried to combine E: with Kingston...
  4. "Show available Network" doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Show available Network" doesn't work: We got a new router for a replacement of our old one. My laptop needed a new network since we have a new router. However when I to click on "Show available Network", there's no response or nothing happens.I tried restarting my PC but to no success can anyone help?...
  5. USB drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive not showing: So my issue is, that I have a USB drive that I am trying to access with my BIOS, it was showing up yesterday but today I've had no luck for some reason. I used rufus to reformat it into FAT32 and FreeDos. I really didn't know where to take this issue until I look at the...
  6. Network hard drive doesn't show on startup, but often does on restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network hard drive doesn't show on startup, but often does on restart: I have a home network with 3 desktop computers, 2 MS Surface tablets, and a network hard drive a D-Link DNS-320 with two 2 TB drives in a Raid 1 configuration. Since a Windows 10 upgrade sometime around early summer I think, a computer on startup will often not find the...
  7. USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer: So I have Windows 10 (very new to it), and I need to use some files from my hard drive. When I plug it in, it makes a 'ding' noise, which is good, but then I can't open it. I can only see it in 'Devices and Printers' but it won't open, and it doesn't show up in the Disk...
  8. A usb drive is not showing

A usb drive is not showing: A USB drive is not showing, though all other USB devices are showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-usb-drive-is-not-showing/3475f09b-9499-4e04-ae88-89558b7b4769
  9. USB drive not showing in devices and drives

USB drive not showing in devices and drives: Hi all, I have two computers which do the same thing which is odd in itself. When I insert a USB drive the drive flashes up momentarily in devices and drives then disappears. It shows in device manager and also in disk management but not when I open This PC. It also does not...
  10. usb drive doesn't show on windows explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb drive doesn't show on windows explorer: Hi, I have two questions: 1) One of my usb drives doesn't show up on Windows Explorer, but does on Disk Partition Manager. Referred some other posts to try changing the drive letter but unable to do so. Months ago, encountered this and managed to find a reference to solve...