Windows 10: New Used computer

Discus and support New Used computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Our sons and DIL gave me a new used computer for Mother's Day and I'm trying to set up accounts for my husband and myself so I don't have to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarlaHughes, May 9, 2022.

1. New Used computer

Our sons and DIL gave me a new used computer for Mother's Day and I'm trying to set up accounts for my husband and myself so I don't have to use the Administrator account but I keep getting locked out of Microsoft on the computer. I'm using our son's computer right now. How do I create accounts on the computer to be able to sign in individually? I tried the regular process several times and I can't even create a local one.

:)

MarlaHughes, May 9, 2022
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 9, 2022
  3. erocker Win User
    Is there a good guide out there on actually assembling the new rig?

List your system specs (All of the parts you're using), putting a computer together isn't very difficult. I can give you some steps on doing it no problem.

erocker, May 9, 2022
  4. New Used computer

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 9, 2022
Thema:

New Used computer

1. New Used computer - Similar Threads - Used computer

2. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?: I have not used my old computer for a while, and when I tried turning it back on, it needs my bitlock recovery key. I have switched schools and can no longer remember my old account, and therefore cannot access my account. Is there a way I can still use my computer without...
  3. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?: I have not used my old computer for a while, and when I tried turning it back on, it needs my bitlock recovery key. I have switched schools and can no longer remember my old account, and therefore cannot access my account. Is there a way I can still use my computer without...
  4. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...: Last night when i was getting off, i left a discord call, and as soon as i left it, my monitor went black. I thought it was weird, but i was tired and didn't want to look into it, so i just turned the computer off manually and went to sleep. Today, when i turned on my...
  6. Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...

Why did my monitor randomly turn off, and now when I try to use my computer it is super...: Last night when i was getting off, i left a discord call, and as soon as i left it, my monitor went black. I thought it was weird, but i was tired and didn't want to look into it, so i just turned the computer off manually and went to sleep. Today, when i turned on my...
  7. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  8. Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop

Cannot connect from a Mac computer to a Mac computer using Microsoft Remote Desktop: I just want to verify the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac is not designed to allow connection FROM a Mac client computer TO a Mac host computer. It is designed only to connect to a PC. Apologies if this is wrong forum....
  9. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  10. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...