Windows 10: New user account doesn't allow me to use some of my programs

Discus and support New user account doesn't allow me to use some of my programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just changed my local Windows account from standard to administrator. Now some of my programs are no longer usable. When I click on their EXE file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by prof611, Jan 22, 2020.

1. prof611 Win User

New user account doesn't allow me to use some of my programs

I just changed my local Windows account from standard to administrator. Now some of my programs are no longer usable. When I click on their EXE file nothing happens. Even when I right-click and choose Run as Administrator and sign in as Master User, nothing happens. Other programs still work like they did before. How can I use the unusable programs?

:)

prof611, Jan 22, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

New user account doesn't allow me to use some of my programs [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 22, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. New user account doesn't allow me to use some of my programs - Similar Threads - user account doesn't

2. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  3. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  4. Open With Doesn't Allow Me To Pick From Programs, Just Blank.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open With Doesn't Allow Me To Pick From Programs, Just Blank.: Hello,If I right click a file then press open with, it's just blank with the words, How do you want to open this file?Look for an app in the Microsoft Storecheck box: Always use this app to open x files X could be any file that doesn't have an association with it....
  5. Open With Doesn't Allow Me To Pick From Programs, Just Blank.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open With Doesn't Allow Me To Pick From Programs, Just Blank.: Hello,If I right click a file then press open with, it's just blank with the words, How do you want to open this file?Look for an app in the Microsoft Storecheck box: Always use this app to open x files X could be any file that doesn't have an association with it....
  6. My Mail and Calendar app doesn't allow me to sign in my Google account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Mail and Calendar app doesn't allow me to sign in my Google account: Hello. I'm an Windows 10 user. I've resetted my operating system several times and the last 3 times my Mail and Calendar app doesn't allow me to sign in my Google account. It always says "We couldn't find your setting, error 0x80070490". I've tried doing what some...
  7. Windows App not allowing me to use some apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows App not allowing me to use some apps: first of all Idk where to post this I hope someone in here can help me. I've had a problem trying to use "Dolby Access and DTS Sound Unbound" apps I have no problem downloading them or navigating inside the app but when I click Try or Buy options a small window appear for a...
  8. The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet: Where I work we're transitioning away from having Internet Explorer 11 as our default browser, to Microsoft's new Chromium based Edge browser. So, I've been testing various web apps I'm responsible for. One of them does cause a problem. The former developer wrote it to...
  9. Miracast doesn't allow me to use WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast doesn't allow me to use WiFi: Recently I bought a TCL 49s405 TV. I would like to take advantage of the possibility to use it as a second monitor (I know there will be lag, it will just be to watch certain images, charts...). In the beginning, I couldn't cast anything to my TV at all; but after updating...
  10. Stored profile will not allow my user account to access some files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stored profile will not allow my user account to access some files: This is a new laptop Toshiba Satellite L55t with Windows 10. I have had several instances where access to a file is blocked because of a stored profile. My user account is administrator and it should allow access to any file. I found the stored profile but I can't find any...