Windows 10: New User Account has been created with non-default Start Menu

Discus and support New User Account has been created with non-default Start Menu in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have created a new local user account. To do it I used my own standard administrator account and the "Family and other Users" facility in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jameswesthead, Oct 5, 2019.

1. New User Account has been created with non-default Start Menu

Hi,
    I have created a new local user account. To do it I used my own standard administrator account and the "Family and other Users" facility in Settings. I did not create the new account as "Family".
    To my annoyance, the new account has inherited some of my own very flaky 'Start Menu' layout.
    I didn't want this to happen, because I need a default Start Menu layout to replace my own corrupt Start Menu layout. I have read (somewhere) that a new account inherits some of the settings of the administrator who created it. This must be what has happened. Does anyone know how to switch off this inherited behaviour, so that the new account will have a default Start Menu?

:)

jameswesthead, Oct 5, 2019

2. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 5, 2019
  3. For a new user account, there's no start menu and no action center

When I create a new user account and sign in to it:

• Nothing happens when I left-click or right-click the Start button--no menu at all.
    • When I try to open the Action Center, nothing happens; it won't open.

So, the new user account is unusable.

This happens when logging in to any new user account I create, not just a particular one.

Could someone please help?

Thank you.

Judy Lemke, Oct 5, 2019
  4. javisky Win User

New User Account has been created with non-default Start Menu

How to change default WIN10 start menu for ALL Users

Sorry for my english , and hi! , this is my first post.

I don't like the xml template method..I prefer .. creating a start menu under the admin local account and use it as template for all de new user following the next steps:

This settings applies only for new users, (or users that don't have user accounts folders)

First, design a Start Menu as you like under one admin account
    Second, copy the content of this folder under admin account folder : ....\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\
    Third
    copy this folder TileDataLayer to this Default user folder example: "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\"
    Four: Login with a new user, and the start menu will be the same as administrator was.

Thanks for reading!! New User Account has been created with non-default Start Menu :)

PS: And the new users can edit their start menu New User Account has been created with non-default Start Menu :)

javisky, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

New User Account has been created with non-default Start Menu

1. New User Account has been created with non-default Start Menu - Similar Threads - User Account has

2. Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working, Cannot Create New User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working, Cannot Create New User Profile: My start menu icon no longer works. I cannot access the start menu using the icon or Windows button. All I get is the revolving blue circle twice.None of the icons on the task bar work as well, calendar, volume, etc., including the search bar. The icons I do have pinned...
  3. Task bar and start menu not working for new user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and start menu not working for new user accounts: I recently added user accounts for my family members. All were working fine yesterday. Today the Start menu and task bar will not finish loading in any of the new accounts. When hovering over the task bar, I just get a wait-cursor. The original user account works fine,...
  4. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  5. Start Menu Will Not Open Can't Create New User Account

Start Menu Will Not Open Can't Create New User Account: I am so over this! setting up this new computer for the third time since May. First, it kept giving the error that the Recycle Bin was corrupt. I fixed that. Then the Start Menu would not open. Looking for solutions, I did a system file check. That said everything was fine. I...
  6. My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...: Hi. So a long time ago the default account I was using for this PC for some reason has turned completely black and there was only an error showing on the screen. My brother and I didn't find a solution anywhere for fixing it, So he decided to delete it. Then I started to...
  7. can't create new user account

can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  8. Start menu button not working on new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Start menu button not working on new user account: Just created a 2nd admin account on a W10 PC and The Start menu button is not working on a new user account....still works ok on the original account. Done sfc scan now and it found some errors, now downloading replacement files.....hope that will work....did the...
  9. Unable to Create New User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808
  10. Create a group of tiles in the Start menu common to all user accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a group of tiles in the Start menu common to all user accounts: Hi How am I supposed to create a group of tiles (containing some tiles) in the start menu, common to all user accounts (old and new)? Thanks Bye 44493