Windows 10: new user account

Discus and support new user account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulZub, Sep 8, 2018.

1. PaulZub Win User

new user account

how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number?

:)

PaulZub, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Aileen Alf Win User

New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Robert Cantrell Win User
    Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

new user account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

new user account

1. new user account - Similar Threads - user account

2. Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?: I'm the only one who uses my PC with Windows 10. I noticed one day I had 3 user accounts. One named; "defaultuser0", one named; "Public", and one named; "Mike" I never set-up a 'Guest User' account so why did my computer show two accounts other than the one named "Mike" that...
  3. Windows 10 User Account Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Account Administrator: I tried to change the Administrator in my laptop through Windows 10, but somehow the laptop no longer has an Administrator on any of the user accounts. When I try to make a change to my computer using an app or program, I’m requested to provide admin permission through the...
  4. user account

user account: how do i get my laptop/user account to be able to do everything without being told i cant? i dont know what happened but it wont let me do a thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account/d4f57a86-d280-475a-9187-138f7ff1a6d2
  5. User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro

User Account Control Prompt for Credentials in Windows 10 Pro: I have a Surface 4(Windows 10 Pro) with 2 accounts, admin an standard(User account). Note: I am not using a server, everything is in the same machine. Using the standard account with no-admin rights, It is important that when this account is been used it need to be asked...
  6. Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10: I need to transfer from one user account to another and I am having issues doing so. The account I want to transfer from seems to be just a folder and I can't transfer everything to the account I want to. Not sure how to do this without causing issues. [ATTACH] I want it...
  7. Indexing Options by USER PROFILE when there are multiple accounts

Indexing Options by USER PROFILE when there are multiple accounts: My windows 10 PC has a 256 GB SSD drive and 2 TB Hard Drive. The PC has 2 user accounts which were setup on the SSD drive. All data folders for each user are on the 2 TB Hard Drive. Is there a way to have separate indexing per user within this configuration? It seems...
  8. No longer able to switch User Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No longer able to switch User Accounts in Windows 10: I have been the only user/admin on my windows 10 desktop. Last week I set up a local account for my husband so he could have his own page. No problem there and I have been able to toggle back and forth between user accounts through ctl+alt+del. This afternoon I was...
  9. Windows 10 Login: Admin Can't Unlock Standard User Account

Windows 10 Login: Admin Can't Unlock Standard User Account: I'm at a school in southern Washington where we have Windows 10 Enterprise on laptops for our students. Each laptop has 2 accounts with admin privileges and one or more student accounts without. Frequently, when a student closes their laptop lid (causing sleep or...
  10. Logon to other accounts through "Other User"

Logon to other accounts through "Other User": I am now using Windows 10 (1607 version). I want to display certain users on logon screen and also allow login to other accounts through "Other User" (like in Windows 7). However, I can only either display all the accounts on logon screen or type both the username and...