Windows 10: new user account

Discus and support new user account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulZub, Sep 8, 2018.

1. PaulZub Win User

new user account

how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number?

:)

PaulZub, Sep 8, 2018

2. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

new user account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

new user account

1. new user account - Similar Threads - user account

2. how to link local user permissions, my microssoft account on my pc? é possivel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to link local user permissions, my microssoft account on my pc? é possivel?: the user of a microsoft account does not have the permissions of a local admin user? because? Is it possible to make you a real admin? if not, what is the advantage of using this the microssoft account on my pc? Thank you very much in advance?...
  3. user account on new computer out of the box trunicated my login to 5 charactors

user account on new computer out of the box trunicated my login to 5 charactors: FIX your **** or provide detailed step by step instructions for fixing your ****. I don't mind cursing at you when I KNOW MS will completely **** ignore this message, provide no rational explanation. New computer out of the box in less than 24 hours latter, taking it back and...
  4. Does anyone running multiple user accounts have app update issues?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does anyone running multiple user accounts have app update issues?: We use several user accounts on a single pc. We have a second pc with similar setup (and this happens on both). In recent weeks whenever I log in to my account and a native app updates we run into a issue. As an example, Photos may update on my acc and then open fine but we...
  5. USER ACCOUNT CONTOL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USER ACCOUNT CONTOL: HOW CHANGE TO DEACTIVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-contol/da6896ce-ef5a-4825-b167-9406d8ba07a8
  6. Can't login in a user that has a email account associated in Active Directory Repair

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login in a user that has a email account associated in Active Directory Repair: I can't see on logon screen my user account that has a Microsoft Account associated when I I reboot to Active Directory Repair mode. I just doesn't show. However, if I login to another user, I can't see it, but when I click to login, it goes to login screen and the account...
  7. Can't add any user accounts and want to change "Owner" to my usual account name

Can't add any user accounts and want to change "Owner" to my usual account name: I bought a new HP laptop. I have an out-of-warranty Dell with a fairly new 2TB hard drive so I had Geek Squad put that drive in the new HP after wiping it, etc. and installing Windows 10 Pro anew. I would have done this myself but would have voided the warranty on my new HP....
  8. Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account)

Remove an Email & Apps account (not a user account): I had previously logged in to my work OneDrive account on my personal computer. I have now left the company and my account (Office365) has now been closed on their end but I constantly get issue notifications that there is a problem with my account but I can't seem to remove...
  9. Changing user account password win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing user account password win 10: I am the administrator and have Windows 10. I need to change the password for a user account. When I run netplwiz, for each user I see 2 entries one in HomeUsers Group and one in HomeUsers; Users Group. Regardless which one I select the Reset Password option is greyed out...
  10. User account permissions...

User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...