Windows 10: new user account

Discus and support new user account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulZub, Sep 8, 2018.

1. PaulZub Win User

new user account

how do I add other people to a home pc and use a pin number?

:)

PaulZub, Sep 8, 2018

2. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

new user account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

new user account

1. new user account - Similar Threads - user account

2. User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User accounts are blocked within an AD RODCs, this occurs when the user changes the password.: Hello, I comment. I have an AD server is in 2012 R2, this is read only, since a while it is happening that users are blocked after changing the password for expiration time. The users change their credentials, they use the computer and when they log in to the computer for...
  3. Shariing Office 365 Home with a 2nd user account on the same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Shariing Office 365 Home with a 2nd user account on the same computer: I recently purchased a new computer and was able to get Office 365 for my user account, but when I switch to my wife's account, I'm unable to share on her account....
  4. Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail notifications on local user account, Windows 10: Hi there - I've just realised that under my partner's login for Windows 10, she gets email notifications for the email address associated with my account. I have looked all the way through both our account settings, as well as email settings, to restrict her from seeing these...
  5. My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...

My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...: Hi. So a long time ago the default account I was using for this PC for some reason has turned completely black and there was only an error showing on the screen. My brother and I didn't find a solution anywhere for fixing it, So he decided to delete it. Then I started to...
  6. User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE

User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE: Summary: Originally The below post was posted by Johan Ole Svensson as the result of an internal Survey on his part. Sadly he made the mistake to just point to the excellent answer over at "Experts Exchange" but "Experts Exchange" have shut down access for users without a...
  7. Windows 10 user accounts

Windows 10 user accounts: Hi Please can you advise me how to add administrator user account icon or photo to the opening screen on Windows 10. Mine used to be there but has disappeared although my family members who are also users but not administrators continue to appear. Many thanks...
  8. Windows 10 I have set up my new computer with the wrong user/admistrator account how can I...

Windows 10 I have set up my new computer with the wrong user/admistrator account how can I...: My user shows a name I can not remember putting in and need to remove and correct the user/admistrator account it is keeping me from being able to use my printer. How do I delete an erroneous user account and replace??...
  9. Failed to delete standard user account permanently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed to delete standard user account permanently: I failed to permanently delete a standard user account more than 20 times. I even activated the built-in Administrator and then deleted the user account, the same account re-generated automatically after a 'sleep' or re-start. I used the command prompt (Admin) net user...
  10. changing user profile name account in win10

changing user profile name account in win10: any easy way to change user profile name under C/users/name i can change name which shows once booting to windows but C/users/name stays the same... thank you...