Windows 10: New User Acct Added and when accessed the screen is black with the microsoft community page...

Discus and support New User Acct Added and when accessed the screen is black with the microsoft community page... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I setup a new user account and gave it administrative control. When I try to open to use the user account from the login screen, the windows 10 is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by candacehewitt, Jun 7, 2020.

1. New User Acct Added and when accessed the screen is black with the microsoft community page...

I setup a new user account and gave it administrative control. When I try to open to use the user account from the login screen, the windows 10 is not loading, it has a black screen of death and then the Microsoft account community welcome page. I am able to press the windows key and enter something into the search but nothing loads.

:)

candacehewitt, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

Bree, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 7, 2020
  4. New User Acct Added and when accessed the screen is black with the microsoft community page...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

New User Acct Added and when accessed the screen is black with the microsoft community page...

1. New User Acct Added and when accessed the screen is black with the microsoft community page... - Similar Threads - User Acct Added

2. ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT: HOW CAN i ADD MY DELL 9020 PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-pc-to-my-microsoft-acct/d4899065-411b-4e34-9ac5-fab765a9a8a0
  3. ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT: HOW CAN i ADD MY DELL 9020 PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-pc-to-my-microsoft-acct/d4899065-411b-4e34-9ac5-fab765a9a8a0
  4. ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can access Microsoft community, but no activity access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can access Microsoft community, but no activity access: When I log into Microsoft community, my account appears, shows there has been activity in the summary, but when I click on My Activity, I get message "Oops, something went wrong. Try again" Help please....
  6. BSOD when switching from local user to Microsoft acct.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when switching from local user to Microsoft acct.: Hello, I recently created a local user acct. on my ASUS ZenBook windows 10, 64bit, 32gb ram, intel core i9 and since then I keep getting a BSOD and forced restart when switching from local user to Microsoft acct 4times as of posting this. this seems to specifically happen...
  7. Adding new PC to ms acct

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding new PC to ms acct: So i want to add my ms acct to my new pc. but it is not there. I am signed into ms acct. When I go to the MS store it shows my xbox, another pc and my phone. I already have it repaired/up to date....
  8. Black screen for a new user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen for a new user account: Hi everyone, I'm an "administrator" for our laboratory computers. I decided to create a new account on one of the computers, called pc01. When I log in to this account, I get only a black screen with cursor working. I am able to bring up cmd, PowerShell etc, but I can see...
  9. Microsoft User Acct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft User Acct: I don't know what happened but my account has disappeared. I have been searching FAQs for help and nothing is bringing me closer. My system restore only goes back one day, and I need it to go back, even a week so I can find my stuff. I have looked at my user folder "name"...
  10. NEW USER ACCT

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    NEW USER ACCT: I set up the laptop using my MSFT account. I want to give the machine to my granddaughter for school. She has her own MSFT acct, but when I tried to add her as a second "other" user I could only set it up as a local account. How do I get it attached to her MSFT account?...