Windows 10: NEW USER ACCT

Discus and support NEW USER ACCT in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I set up the laptop using my MSFT account. I want to give the machine to my granddaughter for school. She has her own MSFT acct, but when I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidH44, Dec 21, 2019.

1. DavidH44 Win User

NEW USER ACCT

I set up the laptop using my MSFT account. I want to give the machine to my granddaughter for school. She has her own MSFT acct, but when I tried to add her as a second "other" user I could only set it up as a local account. How do I get it attached to her MSFT account? Thanks.

:)

DavidH44, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

3. 2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

woodward2000, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Likity Win User

NEW USER ACCT

My mispelledmail acct

one of my e mail addresses is misspelled, but is one of those accts that pops up when I go to log in to an e mail acct. How do I remove this misspelled acct from this list of accts that pop up as suggestions when I begin typing in the email acct I want.

and change the spelling

Likity, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

NEW USER ACCT

1. NEW USER ACCT - Similar Threads - USER ACCT

2. Notification Error Msg: User Acct. Security Problem You won't be able?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Notification Error Msg: User Acct. Security Problem You won't be able?: version #1909 This is a laptop showing two user accounts, one of them is listed as being an Administrator, the other is just listed as a Microsoft Acct. However if the pc is off and you turn it on there is only one acct listed to sign in. One acct is my wife's (and her...
  3. A Win10 update switched me to a new empty User acct. Need to revert back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Win10 update switched me to a new empty User acct. Need to revert back.: After a Windows10 update, it switched me to my wife's acct. and to a blank Temp User. All my stuff is under User\Owner. All apps and file access is lost. How do I get it back to using Owner? Uninstalled one update, but a another security update was not revertable. 2 GeekSquad...
  4. removing a user acct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing a user acct: I am giving my old laptop to a grandson. How do I remove my user acct and start one for him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-user-acct/a032f121-b5ba-45d4-86e8-1e0b311416fd"
  5. why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why is media creation tool 1809 adding more then 1 user acct: hi there my name is jamie bratcher i am trying to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop using the media creation tool. everytime i have tried to use it it has been adding more then 1 user acct on it which i dont need. is there a way to get around this ?...
  6. How To Give All User Log In Accts. Group Policy Editor Access

How To Give All User Log In Accts. Group Policy Editor Access: New consumer notebook w/ win 10 pro. 2 admin accts and one local. The local acct requires just a user name and a password to login and get to the desktop. From the one admin acct that I am using for the most part can I from that account unilaterally give the local acct access...
  7. How To Give All User Log In Accts. Group Policy Editor Access

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Give All User Log In Accts. Group Policy Editor Access: New consumer notebook w/ win 10 pro. 2 admin accts and one local. The local acct requires just a user name and a password to login and get to the desktop. From the one admin acct that I am using for the most part can I from that account unilaterally give the local acct access...
  8. query about user accts/bypassing login

query about user accts/bypassing login: recently tweaked it so that i could bypass login without entering password. mistakenly added "malcolm" and not full name to login screen bypassing...now everytime pc comes on, the first option "malcolm" name appears and it wont login automatically...so i would have to click...
  9. Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them: On my portable I have a local acct (administrator) and a MS acct (not administrator) users. I am the only user of this computer, a personal computer. I use the local acct 98% of the time. Is there a method to have the 2 accts synced(mirrored) so that MS acct has everything...
  10. Transform/ or Transfer my USER acct to This PC.

Transform/ or Transfer my USER acct to This PC.: I have been contending with this issue for as long as I have had Windows 10. It has become a real annoyance in 2 years. Windows has always had ridiculously long paths to user accounts. I am the ONLY one who uses this computer, to the point where I do not even use a password...