Windows 10: NEW USER ACCT

Discus and support NEW USER ACCT in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I set up the laptop using my MSFT account. I want to give the machine to my granddaughter for school. She has her own MSFT acct, but when I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidH44, Dec 21, 2019.

1. DavidH44 Win User

NEW USER ACCT

I set up the laptop using my MSFT account. I want to give the machine to my granddaughter for school. She has her own MSFT acct, but when I tried to add her as a second "other" user I could only set it up as a local account. How do I get it attached to her MSFT account? Thanks.

:)

DavidH44, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

3. 2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

woodward2000, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Likity Win User

NEW USER ACCT

My mispelledmail acct

one of my e mail addresses is misspelled, but is one of those accts that pops up when I go to log in to an e mail acct. How do I remove this misspelled acct from this list of accts that pop up as suggestions when I begin typing in the email acct I want.

and change the spelling

Likity, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

NEW USER ACCT

1. NEW USER ACCT - Similar Threads - USER ACCT

2. some other name was logged into my One Drive and Word. I am single user, not shared acct.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some other name was logged into my One Drive and Word. I am single user, not shared acct.: daniel t. steinhart was logged into my account when I launched word. I was able to access his account and was able to sign him out. I rebooted my computer, logged in, went to shared account and saw data shared with that user. I removed it all, except document two links I...
  3. some other name was logged into my One Drive and Word. I am single user, not shared acct.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some other name was logged into my One Drive and Word. I am single user, not shared acct.: daniel t. steinhart was logged into my account when I launched word. I was able to access his account and was able to sign him out. I rebooted my computer, logged in, went to shared account and saw data shared with that user. I removed it all, except document two links I...
  4. some other name was logged into my One Drive and Word. I am single user, not shared acct.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bypass user acct admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  6. bypass user acct admin password

bypass user acct admin password: i bought a laptop 2nd hand an the user account installed is password protected as an admin account, i cant even use anything in control panel without password it wont let me add my printer, i dont mind doing a complete wipe ...but i have no windows operating system to...
  7. WINDOWS 10 user acct email and pic changed mysteriously

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WINDOWS 10 user acct email and pic changed mysteriously: Today while adding an email to outlook on my win10 laptop, the email and picture for the the username changed.This laptop has myself and stlocal as the users....stlocal I think was put there by the company who's software we use for our business.I added a former employee's...
  8. WINDOWS 10 user acct email and pic changed mysteriously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 user acct email and pic changed mysteriously: Today while adding an email to outlook on my win10 laptop, the email and picture for the the username changed.This laptop has myself and stlocal as the users....stlocal I think was put there by the company who's software we use for our business.I added a former employee's...
  9. WINDOWS 10 user acct email and pic changed mysteriously

10. Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11: There options do not work. IS Chat pr giving access to Windows support individual available?Press Windows key + X and select Command prompt Admin. Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes Now, sign out from the current account and you will...