Windows 10: New user but no user folder

Discus and support New user but no user folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I added a new admin user to windows 10 then removed a user. The new user does not have a user folder and the user that was removed is still there. Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shawn Dietrich, Nov 12, 2020.

1. New user but no user folder

I added a new admin user to windows 10 then removed a user. The new user does not have a user folder and the user that was removed is still there. Do I need to remake the user?

:)

Shawn Dietrich, Nov 12, 2020

2. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Nov 12, 2020
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

New user but no user folder

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

New user but no user folder

1. New user but no user folder - Similar Threads - user user folder

2. Random Users in User Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random Users in User Folder: I have this problem, where i have random users over 50 of them in my User Folder. When i try to delete them, it tells me i need permission from "S-1-5-21-3270114583.... Basically just a random Administrator. I am the only user of this device. What can i do?*** moved to...
  3. Random Users in User Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Users in User Folder: I have this problem, where i have random users over 50 of them in my User Folder. When i try to delete them, it tells me i need permission from "S-1-5-21-3270114583.... Basically just a random Administrator. I am the only user of this device. What can i do?*** moved to...
  4. Random Users in User Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User folders: Hi, why I got this 2 folders instead of one and why my things go to the second one instead of the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-folders/635750fb-d284-4a01-b184-a16db430f2bd
  6. Two Users' Folders On new Install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two Users' Folders On new Install: So I just installed Windows 10 on a brand new NUC. Installation went flawlessly and the machine runs great. After the installation I noticed that the computer name was my email address. I didn't like that name so I changed the name of the computer but now I have 2 users...
  7. Moving user folder to new Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving user folder to new Drive: Hi I have just bought a new PC that has 2 drives never had this before. The C Drive is the SSD which is small and then it has a D Drive which is 2 TB. I wanted to move my User folders to the D drive . I thought I had done it but it hasnt worked properly. On the C drive my...
  8. Restore old windows user folder into new user

Restore old windows user folder into new user: My computer is connected to a domain, and my user got deleted somehow. My company had to create a new user for me, and i wanted to know if it's possible to restore my old user folder into my new windows user. I tried to look on the web, and i only found ways to change the...
  9. User folder ****

in Windows 10 Customization
    User folder ****: Why does the microsoft userfolder have such a stupid naming policy and even worse cannot be changed? Will this be changed in the future? Is there a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-folder/ab4efb9b-b739-4209-854a-4af578ae4eb8
  10. New unknown users have appeared in my Users folder.

New unknown users have appeared in my Users folder.: I had to enable "Show hidden hidden files" in order to install Wizcrafts' latest Spam Filters for Mailwasher. There are two new users there. They were created dated today, when I first switched the computer on. What are they? [img] [img] [img] 86457