Windows 10: New user created username.000

Discus and support New user created username.000 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10 from 7 in January 2020. A new user was created at some point via the update or subsequent updates. My original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blaze1956, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Blaze1956 Win User

New user created username.000

I recently updated to Windows 10 from 7 in January 2020. A new user was created at some point via the update or subsequent updates.

My original user name was Mark, now there is a Mark.000, which also happens to contain all my files now. The original Mark user now only contains two folders C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp and C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Dropbox.

I'm concerned regarding a post I read that said eventually Windows will delete this new user along with all my files. I do perform weekly backups using the Windows 7 Backup tool.

I also saw a recommendation to create a new user and just copy all my files from mark.000 to the new user but they provide advice on whether to delete the original mark and mark.000 users.

Another recommendation was don't do anything if you're not having issues.

Microsoft should provide free support for issues their software creates.

:)

Blaze1956, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Ivan_200 Win User
    Windows 10 update v1909 Breaks my PC - user folder 'will' renamed 'will.000'

This happened exactly to me, too. However, I took Greg's #3 suggestion (Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10)
    and updated the ProfileImagePath in the registry--along with moving files from c:\users\<username>.000 to c:\users\<username>. I created another admin account on the machine to facilitate this. Am thankful for this thread.

Though, Outlook still writes to c:\users\<username>.000. But, I'm ok with that for now. So, did GoToMeeting, but I decided to uninstall that.

Ivan_200, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Sharing User created Puzzles

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The limit of 4 custom puzzles is due to the UserPuzzles folder being full. To add more than 4 custom puzzles, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftJigsaw_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\UserPuzzles\UserPuzzlesPack

Note: UserName is your username.

• Delete or Rename the folder
      UserPuzzles inside UserPuzzlesPack.
    • Delete or Rename the file:
      puzzles.xml
    • Exit File Explorer and try creating the custom puzzles again.

If you’re speaking about moving the user puzzle files, you may copy it to any desired location. For more information, I suggest you to go through
    Microsoft Casual Games FAQ and post the query in
    the Casual Games community.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. New user created username.000 - Similar Threads - user created username

2. username.000 issue - deleting a profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username.000 issue - deleting a profile: I would like to know how to safely delete my old profile,after experiencing the username.000 problem. Apologies, if I am using account/profile/folder expressions,incorrectly here. Anyway, originally, the username Paul was my only account folder. One day, I found that...
  3. User folder renamed with .000?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder renamed with .000?: Hi all - having an issue with a friend's (named Doug) Win10 HP laptop. He had a Windows 10 upgrade go through awhile back and since then he has two user folders - 'Doug' and 'Doug.000'. For the record, his machine only ever had one user account called Doug, which was an admin...
  4. User.000 issue after updating to 1909

User.000 issue after updating to 1909: I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated. After applying Update...
  5. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User account .000 after upgrade to 1909: After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?...
  6. Create new user on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create new user on desktop: How can one create a new user on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-user-on-desktop/a51b28e1-964a-4edb-90a2-c0b73cd123a4
  7. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  8. OneDrive created a different username on my new laptop

OneDrive created a different username on my new laptop: Got a new laptop and set up OneDrive and everything synced with my other computer just fine as far as the folders under the OneDrive folder. The problem is that the username on the new laptop is different so the folder names under C:\Users are different. One is set up with...
  9. Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files

Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files: Hi, as per the title. All my pre-update User files are now in a folder with ".000" added to the name. I've already run into problems with programs using the non .000 path e.g. Dropbox. Is there an easy fix for this?...
  10. User Account with username "user"

User Account with username "user": I need to create user with username "user" but Windows 10 won't let me. I delete user folder in users folder and open: Settings->Accounts->Family & other users->Add someone else to this PC->(click on link)The person I want to add doesn't habe an email address->(click on...