Windows 10: New user on my laptop cannot sign in

Discus and support New user on my laptop cannot sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I created a new user on my laptop. They used their Outlook.com email and password to create the account. They signed out and I signed back in. Later I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by pendlewitch, Nov 9, 2019.

1. New user on my laptop cannot sign in

I created a new user on my laptop. They used their Outlook.com email and password to create the account. They signed out and I signed back in. Later I signed out and they tried to sign back in, but they got this message:

The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in

Access is denied

I restarted the device, that didn't work. I deleted the user and re-created them, that didn't work. The user is not an administrator and is not a child.

:)

pendlewitch, Nov 9, 2019

2. Pin sign in not working with Toshiba Satellite laptop

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you connected to home group/ domain network?

2) Does this issue occur in all accounts?

I suggest you to create a new user account standard and check the issue.

To Create a new user account refer to the below steps:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then
      select Other User Accounts
      towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit
      Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the
      new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

New user on my laptop cannot sign in

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

New user on my laptop cannot sign in

1. New user on my laptop cannot sign in - Similar Threads - user laptop cannot

2. cannot add new user to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot add new user to my laptop: I want to setup a new user account but when I go to set one up it is not allowing me to do it I am also have problems with updating apps on windows store this is why I want to setup a new user account and keep all my files and apps...
  3. cannot add new user to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add new user to my laptop: I want to setup a new user account but when I go to set one up it is not allowing me to do it I am also have problems with updating apps on windows store this is why I want to setup a new user account and keep all my files and apps...
  4. Cannot sign into my Windows user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign into my Windows user profile: Hi everyone,I have now had a problem for a couple of times already. When I try to login to my user profile, I get an error message saying "The user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.". This is for my Administrator account. I have tried...
  5. Cannot sign into my Windows user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into my Windows user profile: Hi everyone,I have now had a problem for a couple of times already. When I try to login to my user profile, I get an error message saying "The user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.". This is for my Administrator account. I have tried...
  6. Cannot sign into my Windows user profile

7. My child cannot sign in to her new laptop

My child cannot sign in to her new laptop: Hello.I bought a new laptop to my child with Windows 10.During the initial setup she was asked to create an MS account and so she did.When setup completed, she tried to sign in and was asked for parental consent.I tried to provide parental concent by sgning in with my MS...
  8. My child cannot sign in to her new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My child cannot sign in to her new laptop: Hello.I bought a new laptop to my child with Windows 10.During the initial setup she was asked to create an MS account and so she did.When setup completed, she tried to sign in and was asked for parental consent.I tried to provide parental concent by sgning in with my MS...
  9. My child cannot sign in to her new laptop

10. I cannot sign into my laptop.

I cannot sign into my laptop.: I cannot sign in my notebook book using the password bc it stopped working. The only option I have to sign in is the fingerprint, which usualy works just fine. However, I had a wet finger and the figerprint option is "blocked" now for too many tries. .The login screen wants...