Windows 10: New user profile issue

Discus and support New user profile issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In my work we have a 1 desktop/laptop, that are connected to a domain, per user. In some cases someone has to sign on to another users PC. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IOTA_rm, Nov 20, 2019.

1. New user profile issue

In my work we have a 1 desktop/laptop, that are connected to a domain, per user.

In some cases someone has to sign on to another users PC. This is when the issue arises. As soon as another user logs on to the PC the windows search does not work, when you search for anything it gives me a blank page with scrolling dots. Also at the same time IE does not open. Sometimes the search function does not work at all and there is no where to type.

Wondering if anyone has seen this? It seems to be most PCs that someone else has to use temporarily, always seems to have this issue. I’ve never been able to get to the bottom of it so I’m hoping someone else can help me figure it out!

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/IOTA_rm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IOTA_rm, Nov 20, 2019

2. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Nov 20, 2019
  3. new account and The User Profile Service failed the sign in ; user profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 20, 2019
  4. New user profile issue

I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

New user profile issue

1. New user profile issue - Similar Threads - user profile issue

2. New User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  3. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  4. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New user profile, "class not registered"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New user profile, "class not registered": My computer pushed Windows 11 installation last week. Now, instead of the default user profile of "Jamie" that I've had, and stored all of my files and settings in for many years, all of my user folders have been renamed to "TEMP.JAMIELAPTOP-L6M". Also, now I can't open image...
  6. User profile Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User profile Issue: I was trying to change my username in C: drive instead I ended creating two folders with all my files and now windows has created a TEMP folder and all of my new details are being saved into that folder. Please Help on how to have a permanent user name folder with a desired...
  7. Duplicate profile to new user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate profile to new user: So I was given a computer to work on that the user has forgotten the pin and has no way of resetting it. After getting access to the Administrator I figured I would just create a new user, copy the profile over and just make it a local account. Copy profile is greyed out and...
  8. User profile issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User profile issue: Hello all So when I restart my laptop, I have the option to login as administrator or there is another username. I can login as administrator but apparently all my files are under the other profile. The password I previously used says it's wrong. When I login as admin, I...
  9. Can't sign in to new User Profile

Can't sign in to new User Profile: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on an HP laptop last year. I can create a new user profile but receive the error message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" when I try to sign in to it, with no further explanation of...
  10. Permission issues after copying User data to new profile.

Permission issues after copying User data to new profile.: Hello, I have an issue with my main user profile - I renamed it, and since then there have been small issues, like the search not finding installed apps, certain Windows apps showing only a blank screen (including Contact Support, which is good for a chuckle), and an...