Windows 10: New version of Edge

Discus and support New version of Edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I've downloaded and installed the new version of Edge. Now I find Windows 10 Mail no longer exists, my wallpaper has disappeared. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by colin higton, Apr 3, 2020.

1. New version of Edge

Hello!

I've downloaded and installed the new version of Edge.

Now I find Windows 10 Mail no longer exists, my wallpaper has disappeared.

In the start menu Mail has a line under it. When I click on it nothing happens, if I right click it I get an option of pinning to taskbar.

I chose pin to taskbar, when I click on the icon in the taskbar, the icon disappears.

I cannot find a way of going back to the previous version.

Any ideas please!

:)

colin higton, Apr 3, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Sharyn698 Win User
    Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

New version of Edge

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

New version of Edge

1. New version of Edge - Similar Threads - version Edge

2. I downloaded an off-line version of MS Edge to install on win 7 but it will not install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded an off-line version of MS Edge to install on win 7 but it will not install.: I had downloaded and installed Win 10 because MS & Chrome no longer support Win 7. I did not like it. So I re-installed Win 7 from an OEM USB, But that had IE8 and over time I went through the updates to Win 11. Before I went to Win 10 I copied IE 11 on CD and the updates to...
  3. I downloaded an off-line version of MS Edge to install on win 7 but it will not install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded an off-line version of MS Edge to install on win 7 but it will not install.: I had downloaded and installed Win 10 because MS & Chrome no longer support Win 7. I did not like it. So I re-installed Win 7 from an OEM USB, But that had IE8 and over time I went through the updates to Win 11. Before I went to Win 10 I copied IE 11 on CD and the updates to...
  4. Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge: Edge version: 115.0.1866.1 devWindows 101. I can sign in with either mircosoft 365 or Azure website.2. Can not signin within Edge, error code: Correlation Id: a57fe47d-36de-41ef-9cc1-acf697ce1631 Timestamp: 2023-05-27T13:26:56.000Z DPTI:...
  5. Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge

Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge: Edge version: 115.0.1866.1 devWindows 101. I can sign in with either mircosoft 365 or Azure website.2. Can not signin within Edge, error code: Correlation Id: a57fe47d-36de-41ef-9cc1-acf697ce1631 Timestamp: 2023-05-27T13:26:56.000Z DPTI:...
  6. Can not signin and sync in latest version of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. i cant download soundcloud because "this app requires the latest version of microsoft edge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant download soundcloud because "this app requires the latest version of microsoft edge...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-soundcloud-because-this-app/71175bd4-cdd5-402c-8674-be257441716a
  8. i cant download soundcloud because "this app requires the latest version of microsoft edge...

i cant download soundcloud because "this app requires the latest version of microsoft edge...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-soundcloud-because-this-app/71175bd4-cdd5-402c-8674-be257441716a
  9. Microsoft Edge Malware version persistent versions 4x.xx.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge Malware version persistent versions 4x.xx.: Hello dear people, I am contacting you because I have found an annoying malware that counterfeits a Microsoft application, in this case edge, can vary a little version, I have encountered with alleged versions 44, 4x.xx.xx and so on, I have not managed to fully mitigate this,...
  10. Can't install and sign in to profile Edge latest version in Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Can't install and sign in to profile Edge latest version in Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit: I tried to install Edge for WIndows 7 using official method. But it fails every time without any specific error. It just says try disabling firewall. But that is not the issue for sure.So then I tried to download a slightly old version of Edge manually and installed it. It...