Windows 10: New versions of uninstalled apps are being installed in %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

Discus and support New versions of uninstalled apps are being installed in %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I use a small SSD as my system drive and have had to clean up my disk due to there being under 2GB free for a while now. I have been lazy to act... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AdrianHinton, Aug 4, 2019.

1. New versions of uninstalled apps are being installed in %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

Hi,

I use a small SSD as my system drive and have had to clean up my disk due to there being under 2GB free for a while now. I have been lazy to act because all the space that has been eaten up has been within Windows folders. I finally investigated further and I as you can see from the screenshot, I had over 6GB taken by Candy Crush. After a little bit of stuffing around with ACL's, I had a nice little win.

New versions of uninstalled apps are being installed in %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps 43b3fa37-cce2-440d-bd76-b33473e3ba86?upload=true.png

The problem is, however, I do not have Candy Crush installed. I uninstalled it years ago yet newer versions have been installed by Windows\Windows Store.

I went through the store to see if I could remove this game from my account but I couldn't.

Question:

How can I remove previous purchases/downloads from my Microsoft Account?
    Regards,
    Adrian.

:)

AdrianHinton, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

New versions of uninstalled apps are being installed in %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

1. New versions of uninstalled apps are being installed in %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps - Similar Threads - versions uninstalled apps

2. WindowsApps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WindowsApps: I removed ALL APPLICATIONS PACKAGES and ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATIONS PACKAGES from Advanced Security and now I can't access Microsoft Apps, can someone please help me on how to add them back??...
  3. WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin: Hi there, I'm trying to gain write access to the WindowsApps folder. What I did: 1. Property -> Security -> Advanced. 2. Changed owner to my account that is currently logged on as admin. 3. Checked the box below "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects". 4. Set all...
  4. A new version is ready to be installed - NOT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A new version is ready to be installed - NOT!: I am working on a clean install of Windows 10 PRO and I got stuck on the Your Phone app. Every time I start it up I get the notification that a new version of Your Phone app is ready to be installed. When I select the UPDATE the Windows Store opens and tells me this product...
  5. WindowsApps has apps I never installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps has apps I never installed: Hi all, one of windowsApps folder has a lot of folders that seems like games that I never installed/played - [ATTACH] these games not listed in "Add or remove programs", so no way to delete, and also not clear at first place why Windows downloading them (noticed...
  6. Installing new version

Installing new version: I recently purchased the Quicken 2019, but have been unable to access it. I am being told that I need to remove the Quicken program, but I can't locate it. I went into the Control panel and Programs and Features, but it is not there. How do I fix this? Thanks...
  7. UWP apps randomly being installed on system when new profile is create

UWP apps randomly being installed on system when new profile is create: I have made an image Windows 10 Pro for our systems here. In the default user account, before a user logs in, or the Administrator account is active, I run the commands to clean out the UWP apps since we do not use them and do not want the users too. Code:...
  8. System restore Appxstaging %programfiles%\windowsapps (0x80070091error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore Appxstaging %programfiles%\windowsapps (0x80070091error: I accidently deleted my Dark Souls 3 save file. I've put much time into the game and I've been trying to get it back for a day now. File recovery programs didn't do the job. The windows system restore should do the job, But everytimeI try to restore it to a certain point of...
  9. System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091: Hi, is there any 100% reliable solution for this problem I run into this morning? Error is occuring both from normal and safe mode. Thx in advance. 78661
  10. System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091: Hi, thought I'd check if System Restore was still functional and got System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point. Source:...