Windows 10: New viBoot VM Options

Discus and support New viBoot VM Options in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Has anyone tried the Virtual Box option instead for Hyper V when running Macrium Reflect v8 viBoot? Dies it have any advantages? 179600 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Steve C, May 19, 2021.

1. Steve C Win User

New viBoot VM Options

Has anyone tried the Virtual Box option instead for Hyper V when running Macrium Reflect v8 viBoot? Dies it have any advantages?

:)

Steve C, May 19, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Sysprep and viboot

You need of course set a viBoot vm to use an existing virtual switch when setting it up. Extract from Ten Forums Macrium viBoot tutorial, see #4 in step 2.6 and in screenshot:

By default no switch is selected, hence no network connection.

3. Kari Win User
    Sysprep and viboot

Yes, I've done that, been there, it was so plain and simple I didn't even get the T-shirt New viBoot VM Options :)

This is how I do it:

• Create a system image of on a physical machine running system
    • Mount the image in viBoot
    • Boot the viBoot vm
    • When on desktop, press Win + R to open Run dialog, type
      %windir%\system32\sysprep\syspre.exe /audit /reboot and hit Enter
    • Windows reboots to Audit Mode with built-in admin account which does not need to be activated
    • Customise, personalise, change what you want to, add / remove users and software
    • Run Sysprep
    • Save changes by creating a new image in viBoot

4. cereberus Win User

New viBoot VM Options

Sysprep and viboot

I know from the excellent tutorials, you can sysprep (and generalise) windows 10 in a vm and save generalised image using Macrium Reflect - indeed I have done this myself.

Easy enough to do installing vm, and adding win32 apps as required.

What I really wanted to do is clone my existing physical install, restore image in hyper-v, generalise and create new image but I ran into issues with disk sizes as the macrium restore step needs the same amount of disk space as the original physical disk even if the c drive is small.

I was wondering if there was a simpler way using viboot e.g.

Open macrium image using viboot which does work

Enable hidden admin account

Sysprep and generalise

Save macrium image from viboot.

Any ideas if this would work, and would I need to do anything special?

cereberus, May 19, 2021
Thema:

New viBoot VM Options

1. New viBoot VM Options - Similar Threads - viBoot Options

2. ViBoot is to support Virtualbox in a future update.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    ViBoot is to support Virtualbox in a future update.: From the Macrium Forum So are there any real plans to develop Viboot for other VM systems in the foreseeable near future? Thanks for posting. Development for VirtualBox support in viBoot has already been completed and will be released in a future update. Kind Regards...
  3. Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx

Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx: Hi there, I have successfully installed free Macrium Reflect on Windows 10, do scheduled full and differential images, and have used viBoot to create VM's and logged in to check images. The VM's end up in a default location on my C: drive. I only created the VM's to make...
  4. Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx: Hi there, I have successfully installed free Macrium Reflect on Windows 10, do scheduled full and differential images, and have used viBoot to create VM's and logged in to check images. The VM's end up in a default location on my C: drive. I only created the VM's to make...
  5. Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query

Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query: I notice when I boot a Reflect image using viBoot that I cannot logon to a Microsoft user account having a PIN or password but I can log into my admin account which is a local account using the admin password. Is this normal behaviour? 150623
  6. Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query: I notice when I boot a Reflect image using viBoot that I cannot logon to a Microsoft user account having a PIN or password but I can log into my admin account which is a local account using the admin password. Is this normal behaviour? 150623
  7. Annoyance with ViBoot Losing VHD's, Visible but not Usable in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Annoyance with ViBoot Losing VHD's, Visible but not Usable in Hyper-V: It's common for ViBoot to lose a virtual machine. I'm aware of the problem of using checkpoints with ViBoot; sometimes removing checkpoints will allow ViBoot to see the virtual machine again. This is not always the case. I have a virtual machine created using ViBoot that is...
  8. VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium: I have a Macrium Reflect Free image backup from my tablet which is uses a 32bit uefi format installation. I tried to open it in viboot but it refused to open it, and got in a loading failed loop. Installs done with 64bit uefi work fine. I checked the image and it is...
  9. Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing

Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing: [img] Hello experts, two questions pls 1. I am unable to see viboot feature while restoring in macrium free reflect? Is it restricted to paid version? 2. I tried to viboot in windows 10 machine with windows 7 image and getting attached error? Any idea pls...
  10. Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image: How to: Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image [img] Information I want to start with a very subjective, personal opinion: Macrium Reflect Free is the best available free imaging solution for Windows (download: Macrium Reflect Free). That being...