Windows 10: New Victus crashes when I try file transfer

Discus and support New Victus crashes when I try file transfer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new computer after my old one broke. Great news, it's a gaming laptop, and I can run 3d games with less crashes now! Though admittedly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aubren Lewis, Jan 28, 2023.

1. New Victus crashes when I try file transfer

I got a new computer after my old one broke. Great news, it's a gaming laptop, and I can run 3d games with less crashes now! Though admittedly, sometimes some stuttering or soft freeze. There are games that literally would not run on my HP Pavillion x360 that I can run on here. Bad news, I can't file transfer between my Nintendo Switch or phone. USB file transfer seems to be alright, but it keeps not responding if I try to even copy a single photo from one of them. The effect is more dramatic on the Nintendo Switch as some of the freezes don't clear up and I call on Task Manager to fix them,

:)

Aubren Lewis, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 28, 2023
  3. File transfer

Hi Paul,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Files are automatically transferred to the new operating system when you upgrade therefore, you need not transfer anything. If you created a backup before you initiated the upgrade, you could've restored the files should there be any data loss. However,
    if there are some missing files, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested above and check if you are able to retrieve the files.

Hope this helps.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 28, 2023
  4. rss81 Win User

New Victus crashes when I try file transfer

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

New Victus crashes when I try file transfer

1. New Victus crashes when I try file transfer - Similar Threads - Victus crashes try

2. On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?: When I am in sales and try to "copy to projects" there are many folders that are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-servicepoint-in-sales-when-i-try-to-copy-to/cf489924-fda7-447b-a7d8-ff6fb880e093
  3. On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?: When I am in sales and try to "copy to projects" there are many folders that are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-servicepoint-in-sales-when-i-try-to-copy-to/cf489924-fda7-447b-a7d8-ff6fb880e093
  4. On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Victus crashes when I try file transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Victus crashes when I try file transfer: I got a new computer after my old one broke. Great news, it's a gaming laptop, and I can run 3d games with less crashes now! Though admittedly, sometimes some stuttering or soft freeze. There are games that literally would not run on my HP Pavillion x360 that I can run on...
  6. Explorer Crashing When transferring files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Crashing When transferring files.: So I've been having a weird thing going on. I've searched the forum but can't find an answer to my problem. Whenever I move files from one folder to another explorer crashes and restarts. The file isn't moved. I did a clean install and it worked fine for a while before...
  7. Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.: Here's a strange one: when attempting to transfer files to or from any external source external drive, network drive, or across the web Windows Explorer crashes. I can execute programs and view files from said sources, just not transfer files in either direction. System...
  8. New Drive File Transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Drive File Transfer: I want to use a different drive for my PC but don't know how I'm going to move everything back in. Can someone help with that? Also, does it take out all my drivers?...
  9. new laptop transfer files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop transfer files: I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am sitting here wasting valuable time when I need to be working. Someone know what I should be doing here?...
  10. no transfer box when transfering files

in Windows 10 Support
    no transfer box when transfering files: I'm talking about one of the below transfer boxes. I no longer see one when copying files so I have to guess when it is finished. It seems to have started after my last weekly update. I'm running Build 11082 with all the latest updates. [img] 34653