Windows 10: new video card blank screen

Discus and support new video card blank screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So, my old 670 burnt out in a weird way where it would do basic video but only if nvidia drivers werent installed, if they were installed then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Feldon45, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Feldon45 Win User

new video card blank screen

So, my old 670 burnt out in a weird way where it would do basic video but only if nvidia drivers werent installed, if they were installed then the system with that card was a brick. Was using a 550 while waiting on shipping, works fine but obviously can't have good settings with it. My new Gigabyte gtx 960 windforce 4GB just arrived, I let it get up to room temperature since it had been outside in the cold for a little bit, then plugged it in. Through HDMI and both DVI ports the only output is a blank screen with a " _ " at the top and nothing else. Looks like a prompt but does nothing. It does not even boot the bios that I can tell. Even if the old 670 had a problem it at least did basic video and showed the bios.

Windows 10 64 Bit
    Intel i7 3770 @ 3.4 GHz
    Gigabyte g1.sniper m3 BIOS F10f
    Gigabyte gtx 960 Windforce 4GB
    HP Pavilion 27xi 27"

:)

Feldon45, Jan 14, 2016

2. Dell Inspiron 14Z

1) I would suggest you to install the drivers for the display card from the manufacturers website in compatibility mode.

Cannot turn on the computer to install the drivers. The screen shows nothing. The power supply comes on but screen is blank. The video drivers are gone. This laptop was purchased new 1 1/2 years ago.
    It is not an Old Machine. This Update rendered this machine completely inoperative.

RichardStevens222, Jan 14, 2016
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows blanks and resets display

Hi,

Most of the time, blank screen is caused by old or corrupted drivers. The issue of yours seems to be a corruption of your video card drivers. Usually, blank screen provides error message. If you're getting any, send us a screenshot. Also, have you made any
    modifications/configurations on your computer prior to the issue?

Regards.

John Sarc, Jan 14, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Did you uninstall the nVidia drivers before swapping in the new card? That may be a good idea (even though all the cards are nVidia).

You may also need to clear the CMOS.

bobkn, Jan 15, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    simrick, Jan 15, 2016
  6. Feldon45 Win User
    CMOS reset seems to be working ok, though I wish Windows had a way to save your settings to the cloud between hardware and machines. Over 22 years using PCs, swear I only reset the CMOS once some time in the 90s before this one, and now i've had to do it a couple times for this.

Thank you for the help, saved me alot of headaches.

Feldon45, Jan 15, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Glad you got it sorted. *Thumbs Please go ahead and mark the thread as solved.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. new video card blank screen - Similar Threads - video card blank

2. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen or Video Card?: I walked out of my office and when I came back in, the bottom half of my screen is pixelated and has vertical lines running through the bottom half and the menu bar is pink. I plugged the laptop into my TV via HDMI and the picture on my TV is fine. Does this indicate my...
  3. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen or Video Card?: I walked out of my office and when I came back in, the bottom half of my screen is pixelated and has vertical lines running through the bottom half and the menu bar is pink. I plugged the laptop into my TV via HDMI and the picture on my TV is fine. Does this indicate my...
  4. Laptop screen or Video Card?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Flickering graphics with new video card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Flickering graphics with new video card: This is a tricky one. I bought a new video card, a gtx 1660 super and using my existing display port cable gives me this weird flickering on the bottom half of the screen. The cable works fine with my old card. I then tried a standard HDMI cable and the flickering problem is...
  6. New Video Card Temp Question

New Video Card Temp Question: Hi All Purchased a NEW 1660 Super, EVGA 1660 Super SC Ultra Gaming card for my Asus G11CD-K Desktop machine, due to this being OEM case, i have to work with what i got for now, Temps so far while benchmarking max i got after 10 minutes was 78C, Max during gaming so far only...
  7. blank screen after watching videos in full screen

blank screen after watching videos in full screen: Hi, After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt to close the...
  8. Randon BSOD - new video card

Randon BSOD - new video card: Hi everyone, so I bought a new video card (rx 570) and uninstalled the drivers from my last video card (I think I uninstalled, but maybe I missed something) . Before I changed the video cards, I got some BSOD, but it was not usual so I didn't mind. When I changed I got more...
  9. New Video Card

New Video Card: I have been thinking of getting an EVGA 1080 FTW video card. I currently have an Radeon R9 290 card. Would upgrading make that much difference in games like Farcry 4, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1 etc? My system stats are up to date. 77763
  10. Blank screen + cursor after instelling new graphics card / Windows 10

Blank screen + cursor after instelling new graphics card / Windows 10: Hello, I have been experiencing problems with Windows 10 ever since I've installed a new graphics card: the MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. It worked well the very first time. But rebooting gives me a blank screen. I have been able to enter the system once (by clicking the...