Windows 10: New video shows off Windows 10 ARM booting on Nintendo Switch

Discus and support New video shows off Windows 10 ARM booting on Nintendo Switch in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After successfully deploying Android and Linux, someone has now managed to put Windows 10 operating system on the Nintendo Switch, a popular gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

New video shows off Windows 10 ARM booting on Nintendo Switch

After successfully deploying Android and Linux, someone has now managed to put Windows 10 operating system on the Nintendo Switch, a popular gaming console. Windows 10 ARM64 can be deployed on the device, though for now, it is not useful for the consumers.

Developer Ben, who recently revealed that Windows 10 for ARM could be ported to Nintendo Switch, has just posted a video proving that the gaming console could boot the OS successfully.

“I don’t think this will be much useful though. But in theory and practice, standard ARM64 device is capable to boot Windows 10,” Ben explains.

It’s worth noting that Nintendo Switch comes with an ARM chipset and Windows 10 for ARM has been optimized to run on devices with ARM. It is technically possible to boot the OS on Nintendo Switch with custom UEFI firmware and the right drivers. Due to lack of drivers, initially, there’ll be a couple of issues. For instance, WiFi, Bluetooth may not work properly if the system lacks the correct drivers.

New video shows off Windows 10 ARM booting on Nintendo Switch Nintendo-Switch-W10.jpg

“Not quite useful right now. Capable to boot something from SD card (need cold boot sequence). Then Windows Kernel chokes with the current memory region,” Ben explains.

The developer has also posted a video wherein the Nintendo Switch is seen booting Windows 10 for ARM’s installation screen without any errors.

The project is also available on Github and anyone can now contribute to it.

The post New video shows off Windows 10 ARM booting on Nintendo Switch appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 8, 2019

2. NIntendo NES driver

When trying to install a new Nintendo NES Classic I get a message that there is no driver. Nintendo says this is a Windows problems. Any suggestions?

pjhutch_55, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Nintendo Switch Dock

I found out that I can connect HDMI cables to my HP Pavilion x360. I connected my Nintendo Switch dock, but it wasn't recognized. The little light on the dock was flashing though. Does it have anything to do with projecting to the PC? Is it even possible
    to connect a Nintendo Switch to my PC? If so, how?

Alexander JustRektYou, Mar 8, 2019
  4. New video shows off Windows 10 ARM booting on Nintendo Switch

Nintendo switch

Please, give me instructions how to connect my Nintendo switch to the computer. Unfortunately I don’t have HDMI. Thank you

BraeleighLupkin, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

New video shows off Windows 10 ARM booting on Nintendo Switch

1. New video shows off Windows 10 ARM booting on Nintendo Switch - Similar Threads - video shows off

2. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Windows 10: Hello. So I have recently built a new PC. Win10 64 bit AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Mother Board: Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus I have been unable to get Windows 10 to recognize my Nintendo Switch Pro controller. This controller worked and...
  3. Nintendo switch problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo switch problems: I'm trying to connect my minecraft to to Microsoft but I have a code and I don't know how to use it on this website if you can I would like to hear what I can do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nintendo-switch-problems/1d8dcde2-91c1-4626-8011-cb47ac297536
  4. Minecraft on a Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft on a Nintendo Switch: Hi - any help would be appreciated. My son is trying to play Minecraft on his Nintendo switch. When he logs into Microsoft within Minecraft on his Switch - it defaults to logging into my other son's Microsoft Account. I can't find anyplace within settings to change...
  5. Nintendo switch and minecraft

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Nintendo switch and minecraft: When playing Minecraft on Nintendo Lite and switch it says to log in to Microsoft account from another device. I do this and it says successfully logged in, however when going back to the Nintendo it will still say sign in and we can not go any further? Could you advise?...
  6. Nintendo switch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nintendo switch: How do I connect my Nintendo switch to display onto my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nintendo-switch/0cfa3398-a91c-4bd5-9fad-3749f69be556"
  7. Minecraft on Nintendo Switch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minecraft on Nintendo Switch: It says I cannot add friends because the way the microsoft account is set up. (a) why is this relevant (b) what do I do, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-on-nintendo-switch/bb83e355-4f55-4059-9a4b-28e7e3a9fe8a"
  8. Nintendo switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nintendo switch: Please, give me instructions how to connect my Nintendo switch to the computer. Unfortunately I don’t have HDMI. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nintendo-switch/a9d96155-b7e8-496c-9f76-8cb971b8fed4
  9. Minecraft on nintendo switch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Minecraft on nintendo switch: I made an account on microsoft and used my phone number and went on my switch and now it says error failed to sign in something went wrong. is there a way to change accounts to make it work? [ Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in ]...
  10. Minecraft Nintendo Switch edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Nintendo Switch edition: So I've recently made a microsoft account in order to crossplay on minecraft using my nintendo switch, when I finished making the account it never asked me to make a username and instead logged me in with a completely random gamertag which I dont know how to change. Please...