Windows 10: New VLC Version 3.0.7.1 Available

Discus and support New VLC Version 3.0.7.1 Available in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Version 3.0.7.1 Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN 138779 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by f14tomcat, Aug 19, 2019.

1. f14tomcat Win User

New VLC Version 3.0.7.1 Available

f14tomcat, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

vlc is not opening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur when there are multiple VLC process trying to execute in the background or the player is corrupted, you can try the troubleshooting methods provided below to fix this issue.

Method 1: End duplicate process.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key on your keyboard together, it will open task manager.
    2. Click on More details, if the task manager is open in minimal Window.
    3. Unser the Processes tab, search for VLC process.
    4. If you see multiple process Right click and Click on End Task for duplicate processes.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall VLC player.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall VLC player by downloading the latest version from the manufacturer website.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 19, 2019
  3. DavidY Win User
    How to restore offscreen VLC?

If I've understood the problem correctly(?), you might try this:
    1. Open VLC and select it in the taskbar so it is the currently selected application (even though you can't see it)
    2. Let go of the mouse and be careful not to move it until step 6
    3. Use the Alt-Spacebar key combination
    4. There should be a little pop-up menu which appears. If 'Move' is an option, use the downward cursor/arrow key to select it and press enter. If 'Restore' is an option, select that option with the cursor keys, press Enter and go back to step 3
    5. Once you've selected Move, be careful to not move the mouse. Instead, hit one of the cursor/arrow keys (left/right/up/down) a couple of times
    6. *Then* move the mouse. With any luck the VLC window should come into view and you can re-position it.

DavidY, Aug 19, 2019
  4. arges86 Win User

VLC issue

I just installed a new video card last night, and everything seems to be working fine.
    I've got the latest drivers, software updates, blah blah blah.
    Except...

when i play a show/movie whatever in VLC, and i click to fullscreen the video file, the screen goes blank for a few seconds (3 to 4) before it comes back on. The audio also goes out as well (although thats probably because i'm using the audio pass-through feature of my video card).
    This has never happened before.
    I've updated VLC to the latest version, and re-installed it after i installed the new video card.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

arges86, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. New VLC Version 3.0.7.1 Available - Similar Threads - VLC Version Available

2. CCleaner new version 5.75 available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner new version 5.75 available: Download Release Notes Release Notes v5.75.8238 (10 Dec 2020) This version includes improvements to cleaning, stability, and usability Cleaning The Cookies to Keep list can now import any text file (Options → Updates) Chrome Beta cleaning has been restored General...
  3. New VLC Version 3.0.8 Available

New VLC Version 3.0.8 Available: Version 3.0.8 Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN 138779
  4. New Version of Mail Available

in Browsers and Email
    New Version of Mail Available: New Version of Mail and Calendar Available from the Store Version No 17.6568.16901.0 40380
  5. New version of Alarms & Clocks Available

New version of Alarms & Clocks Available: New Version of Alarms & Clock Available in Store Version 10..1607.1991.0 Installed and Working ok 57072
  6. New Version of Skype Available

New Version of Skype Available: New version of Skype available to download Version 7.21.0.100 All upgraded and all ok 43642
  7. New Version of Money Available in Store

New Version of Money Available in Store: 30th June 2016 New Version of Money Available in Store Version 4.11.156.0 Downloaded and installed and working ok 54849
  8. New version of Store available

New version of Store available: It seems overnight MS released a new version of Store. I just checked for updates and saw it offered. All updated and seems ok. 48827
  9. New Version Of Translator Available

New Version Of Translator Available: New Version of Translator Available to download and update from Windows Store For anyone who uses it or is interested 47182
  10. New Version of Office 2016 Available

in Microsoft Office and 365
    New Version of Office 2016 Available: 1st July 2016 New Version of Office 2016 Available Version 16.0.6965.2063 Downloaded and installed ok This update is not a store update But an Office 2016 update 55000