Windows 10: New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections

Discus and support New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Academics have disclosed this week a security flaw impacting Linux, Android, macOS, and other Unix-based operating systems that allows an attacker to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections

Read more: New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 6, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections :D

P4-630, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Entegy Win User

Windows Phone vulnerable to FREAK ATTACK!

First, don't panic.

FREAK requires a middle man, an infected network, to forcefully reduce the encryption on the connection to vulnerable servers. I believe the attacker also needs both the server and the client to be vulnerable for this to work. Even though the carriers prevent
    patching of Windows Phone faster than actual Windows, as long as the server is patched, nothing happens.

You're also good as long as you're not connecting to random, untrusted WiFi networks all the time.

Entegy, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections - Similar Threads - vulnerability lets attackers

2. Attacks exploiting Netlogon vulnerability (CVE-2020-1472)

in Windows 10 News
    Attacks exploiting Netlogon vulnerability (CVE-2020-1472): MSRC / By Aanchal Gupta / October 29, 2020 / Active Directory, EOP, Patch, Standard), vulnerability, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 all editions, Windows Server version 1809...
  3. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VPN CONNECTION: i have been asked to connect to the VPN provided by the school to activate my windows. however, the VPN connection keeps saying my password to the username is incorrect despite typing and keying in correctly and i have tried multiple times but i am still unable to do so...
  4. AMD processors from 2011 to 2019 vulnerable to two new attacks

in Windows 10 News
    AMD processors from 2011 to 2019 vulnerable to two new attacks: Academics disclose new Collide+Probe and Load+Reload attacks on AMD CPUs. AMD processors manufactured between 2011 and 2019 (the time of testing) are vulnerable to two new attacks, research published this week has revealed.The two new attacks impact the security of the data...
  5. vulnerable double pulsar attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    vulnerable double pulsar attack: sir i reinstalled window 8.1 from iso file from microsoft official site now from avast i came to know that windows is affected by vulnerable double pulsar ..............plzzzzzzz helpppppppp...
  6. New Ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Ransomware attack: Only 5 days out and Win10 being screwed with. This link was in an E-Mail today: New Windows 10 scam will encrypt your files for ransom | ZDNet 12608
  7. Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack

in Windows 10 News
    Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack: Researchers have discovered a new side-channel attack method that can be launched against devices with Intel processors, and the patches released in response to the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities might not prevent these types of attacks. The new attack, dubbed...
  8. I Want 10 Back...sniff sniff

in Windows 10 Support
    I Want 10 Back...sniff sniff: Does anyone know how I can get my W10 back after a hard drive wipe? I had to go back to W7. Now I don't have the icon to install 10 anymore. 21441
  9. Research shows antivirus products vulnerable to attack

in Windows 10 News
    Research shows antivirus products vulnerable to attack: A Google researcher has been reporting severe vulnerabilities in security suites from Kaspersky, Trend Micro, MalwareBytes, FireEye, AVG, ESET and now Comodo. Google security researcher Tavis Ormandy has long been a pain to vendors of commercial software with significant...
  10. Intel chip vulnerability lets hackers easily hijack fleets of PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Intel chip vulnerability lets hackers easily hijack fleets of PCs: A vulnerability in Intel chips that went undiscovered for almost a decade allows hackers to remotely gain full control over affected Windows PCs without needing a password. The "critical"-rated bug, disclosed by Intel last week, lies in a feature of Intel's Active...