Windows 10: New W10 feature with desktop icon instances/pages? What is this and how do i stop it?

Discus and support New W10 feature with desktop icon instances/pages? What is this and how do i stop it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LICK_THE_BUTTER [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LICK_THE_BUTTER, Mar 3, 2020.

1. New W10 feature with desktop icon instances/pages? What is this and how do i stop it?

/u/LICK_THE_BUTTER, Mar 3, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 3, 2020
  3. desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on
            desktop, click on View.

• Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Mar 3, 2020
  4. New W10 feature with desktop icon instances/pages? What is this and how do i stop it?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

New W10 feature with desktop icon instances/pages? What is this and how do i stop it?

1. New W10 feature with desktop icon instances/pages? What is this and how do i stop it? - Similar Threads - W10 feature desktop

2. W10 desktop doing weird things to icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 desktop doing weird things to icons: My old W10 tower locked up again. It's been doing that recently, a hint I need a new computer.When I powered it off and turned it back on, it moved the desktop icons from the left side of my center, primary, monitor, to the right side of the left monitor. I tried the old...
  3. W10 desktop doing weird things to icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 desktop doing weird things to icons: My old W10 tower locked up again. It's been doing that recently, a hint I need a new computer.When I powered it off and turned it back on, it moved the desktop icons from the left side of my center, primary, monitor, to the right side of the left monitor. I tried the old...
  4. W10 desktop doing weird things to icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icons are gone what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons are gone what do I do?: Video example trash icon gone:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiEP_ENz0Zc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-gone-what-do-i-do/10fd8da6-5c29-4db5-9838-58c19762e70c
  6. Desktop icons are gone what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons are gone what do I do?: Video example trash icon gone:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiEP_ENz0Zc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-gone-what-do-i-do/10fd8da6-5c29-4db5-9838-58c19762e70c
  7. How do you stop windows from opening a new instance of a program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you stop windows from opening a new instance of a program?: This has to be a Windows setting somewhere. So, I have a graphics program that I’m running (runs on several computers all with same hardware software versions), and when I click on a file to open in said graphics program, it wants to open a new instance of the program instead...
  8. How do I stop the W10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop the W10 updates?: How can stop the updates? Or at least choose the security and leave the rest behind? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-w10-updates/fc5a5065-d025-47f4-9eba-dd59a10a105a
  9. What's changed? How do add new fonts to what's on W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's changed? How do add new fonts to what's on W10?: Hi, I've used AMP Font Viewer over 20 yrs to manage fonts in WIN, now W 10 will not allow me to add fonts & neither am I able to load fonts by copy/paste directly into the W 10 font folder. I've experienced something similar before: I used to live in a small town in SC &...
  10. W10 Desktop randomly repositions Icons - How do I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Desktop randomly repositions Icons - How do I make it stop?: Hi. I have my desktop icons sorted into sections, each section for a different need; hobbies, works, or by person. Randomly after a reboot or return from sleep all the icons have been shunted to the left side and in no particular order that makes any sense. I then spend too...