Windows 10: New W10 Install Slower On NVME Than SSD

Discus and support New W10 Install Slower On NVME Than SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using samsung 860 SSD over recent years and thought i would try m2 nvme 970. The boot on nvme is taking maybe more than double the amount... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UTS, Aug 26, 2019.

1. UTS
    UTS Win User

New W10 Install Slower On NVME Than SSD

I have been using samsung 860 SSD over recent years and thought i would try m2 nvme 970.

The boot on nvme is taking maybe more than double the amount of time on nvme to load windows compared to 860. Does that sound right ? I would expect the same if not quicker than SSD.

Anything i need to do in bios ?

:)

2. Windows refuses to install on NVME SSD (Samsung 960 EVO)

First, thanks everyone who copy-pasted the first relevant results they found in Google. I found those before I asked the question.

The solution that I got to work is as follows:

• Disable CSM / UEFI
    • Enable Secure Boot
    • Now the installer can access the NVME SSD
      • Format the drive
      • Restart the machine

• Enable CSM / UEFI

• Disable Secure Boot

• Proceed to installer and now Windows will allow you to install to the NVME SSD drive

MikeIsMike, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 26, 2019
  4. New W10 Install Slower On NVME Than SSD

Installing W10 on a new SSD

Probably been asked a trillion times but I cannot find a straight forward answer.

I am soon to be changing my HDD for an SSD in my 6 month old Lenovo laptop, it came with W10 HOME pre installed with a partition for the drivers on the HDD.

If I put a new SSD in the laptop and then install W10 HOME will it automatically activate or will I have to buy a new licence as there is no key to activate on the underside of the laptop.

PeterWilkinson1964, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

New W10 Install Slower On NVME Than SSD

1. New W10 Install Slower On NVME Than SSD - Similar Threads - W10 Install Slower

2. Windows won't install on my new nvme SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't install on my new nvme SSD: Recently bought a 1tb Samsung 970 evo plus m.2 SSD to free up the 2.5" SATA SSD I'd been using to give to someone else. I went to migrate the OS etc across to the m.2 ssd which raised an issue with sector sizes but was still able to clone using Casper 11 Software by Future...
  3. Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD: Bought a new NVMe ssd Transcend TS256GMTE110S, inserted it in the motherboard, now here's where the problems began.In BIOS the ssd is shown like it should be:But when I want to format the drive during the setup this error pops up:Tried even using the Diskpart in cmd, but the...
  4. Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD: Bought a new NVMe ssd Transcend TS256GMTE110S, inserted it in the motherboard, now here's where the problems began.In BIOS the ssd is shown like it should be:But when I want to format the drive during the setup this error pops up:Tried even using the Diskpart in cmd, but the...
  5. Cannot install Windows on new NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.: So,Today i bought a nvme ssd from cex the uk version of gamestop to move my os onto and maybe some other games/files.After installing the ssd into my motherboard and booting up my pc i get a "Diagnosing your PC" screen. it doesnt give detail as to what the actual issue is...
  7. New NVMe SSD not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New NVMe SSD not recognized: I bought a new WD Blue SN550 1TB nvme ssd to add to my laptop as additional storage however it does not appear as an available storage space. I can see it in the BIOS. I checked my storage controllers and don't see Windows Standard NVMe drivers there, is that the issue maybe?...
  8. Can`t install Windows on new NVMe ssd

Can`t install Windows on new NVMe ssd: Hello everyone, I need the help of the community because I`m having issues on installing windows 10 on a new NVMe ssd. I now have an M.2 SATA drive as C: disk and I need to upgrade it, so i bought an Samsung 970 Evo. I tried to clone my C: drive on the new ssd using Aomei...
  9. Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jazzzy990 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iaukb3/is_this_normal_new_nvme_ssd/
  10. Install W10 on new SSD Failing

Install W10 on new SSD Failing: I have a Sony Vaio laptop (VPCYB15KX), a bit old but working nonetheless currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and works fine, but is quite slow so I decided to upgrade to an SSD. Picked up a crucial MX200 250 GB SSD and was going to upgrade to Windows 10 (fresh install)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new nvme drive slower boot than old ssd