Windows 10: new w10 won't boot from DVD

Discus and support new w10 won't boot from DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just upgraded my PC and have bought a fresh w10 since I was unable to port my old one over. When I switched it on I set it to boot from the DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 123LCD123, Jun 7, 2020.

1. 123LCD123 Win User

new w10 won't boot from DVD

I have just upgraded my PC and have bought a fresh w10 since I was unable to port my old one over. When I switched it on I set it to boot from the DVD drive in which I put the new w10 disc. I am now facing problems booting. It just goes blank, or it hangs on the manufacturer ASRock screen and then gives me a blank screen.

I do have have 3 drives fitted in there the SSD I plan to use, an unused SSD, and my old HDD with windows 10 on it, along with all my files/stuff but since none of these are the bootable I assumed it would be fine. What can I do about this? Would it work to download the w10 iso and boot from that, then input the key I received, or is there something else I can do to troubleshoot this?

:)

123LCD123, Jun 7, 2020
  2. scraff Win User

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Jun 7, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Jun 7, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. new w10 won't boot from DVD - Similar Threads - w10 won't boot

2. Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot DVD to copy files from crashing W10?: My windows 10 loads up but crashes every time within the first 30 seconds or so (even in safe mode). I suspect the SSD has become corrupted or faulty. I have a lot of folders on the boot drive I stupidly hadn't backed up and I want to save before reinstalling from scratch on...
  3. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot from a DVD?: I got a new computer but when I put a bootable DVD it won't boot from it, it just goes back into windows 10? What can I do to make it boot from my DVD? 162249
  4. Boot from a DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from a DVD?: How can I boot from a DVD? 162257
  5. New PC will not boot from USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC will not boot from USB or DVD: I am building a new PC and, when I try to boot the machine from either a USB created by the Media Recovery tool, or from the proper Windows 10 DVD that I bought, the machine simply goes to BSOD and gives me error codes, mostly SYSTEM PTE MISUSE or PAGE ERROR FOUND IN...
  6. Acer V5 W10 64bit won't boot from a USB drive

Acer V5 W10 64bit won't boot from a USB drive: Modified the BIOS settings to access the F12 list of bootable drives, disabled the drive security, set the USB as my first boot in the boot order, then selected it as the drive to boot from in the F12 menu, but the system ignores the selection and boots normally. Both USB...
  7. Boot from CD/DVD

Boot from CD/DVD: I need to run the gparted (Linux app) booting from the CDROM. Now I do not find the option for booting from CD/DVD in windows 10 any more. I have done it before, but it seems to have disappeared in Windows 10. Any Ideas? 59956
  8. W10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 won't boot: I'm dead in the water without a paddle ! Upgraded my Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to W10. Worked fine for 4 days. I downloaded and installed windows 10 firewall control app. It said it needed to close all apps including Windows Explorer. So I let it. It did its thing but...
  9. Boot From USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot From USB/DVD: I am so confused I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I want to install/dual boot Windows 10 with Windows 8, but with the tutorial, there's so much Win 7/Win 8, 8.1 included that I'm crosseyed! HP Pavilion g Series Windows 8.1 Pro laptop with BIOS, not UEFI. I want...
  10. Boot from a linux DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from a linux DVD: Can someone give a simple method so I can boot from a DVD drive which has a linux DVD? I am not interested in having duel boot capability. 53972