Windows 10: New wallpaper does not cover the whole screen?

Discus and support New wallpaper does not cover the whole screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since I found my old wallpaper boring after all these years, I decided to make a new one. The problem is that it does not cover the whole screen, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kenkaneki18, Jun 6, 2020.

1. New wallpaper does not cover the whole screen?

Since I found my old wallpaper boring after all these years, I decided to make a new one. The problem is that it does not cover the whole screen, but only a part of it and the upper border is completely black

The screen now looks like this

New wallpaper does not cover the whole screen? 0_big.png

What can I do so that the picture covers the whole screen or that black bar up there disappears ?

Many thanks in advance

:)

kenkaneki18, Jun 6, 2020

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jun 6, 2020
  4. New wallpaper does not cover the whole screen?

Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

New wallpaper does not cover the whole screen?

1. New wallpaper does not cover the whole screen? - Similar Threads - wallpaper does cover

2. The "Screen Fragment" tool does not work correctly, it does not fill the whole screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Screen Fragment" tool does not work correctly, it does not fill the whole screen: I have a laptop and a monitor, when I use the "screen fragment" tool, not the whole area is selectedI have attached 2 images so that you understand what is going onphoto 1 photo 2...
  3. The "Screen Fragment" tool does not work correctly, it does not fill the whole screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Screen Fragment" tool does not work correctly, it does not fill the whole screen: I have a laptop and a monitor, when I use the "screen fragment" tool, not the whole area is selectedI have attached 2 images so that you understand what is going onphoto 1 photo 2...
  4. Windows 11 Snip and Sketch tool doesn't cover the whole screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Snip and Sketch tool doesn't cover the whole screen: I use two monitors and for some reason only when in display settings, I have my main display positioned to the right of the other display, the snipping tool that pops up with WIN+Shift+S doesn't cover the entire screen. I can capture full screen images, but if I want to...
  5. Windows 11 Snip and Sketch tool doesn't cover the whole screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Snip and Sketch tool doesn't cover the whole screen: I use two monitors and for some reason only when in display settings, I have my main display positioned to the right of the other display, the snipping tool that pops up with WIN+Shift+S doesn't cover the entire screen. I can capture full screen images, but if I want to...
  6. Google screen moved over to right. Can't pull it all the way back to cover whole screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google screen moved over to right. Can't pull it all the way back to cover whole screen: The screen on my laptop for Google has moved over to the right so that it only shows 3/4 of it. The slider bar is therefore not showing. I have tried pulling it over but it won't move any further to the left. Okay on all other applications. How do I resolve this please?...
  7. maximized windows don't cover the whole screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    maximized windows don't cover the whole screen: [ATTACH] Some days ago I noticed that while looking at the right side of my screen, there is a small portion of my desktop, about 1 or 2 pixels wide, showing, even if the windows are completely maximized, did anybody have a similar problem, or does anyone know how to solve...
  8. Video Picture on TV not covering whole screen/ monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Picture on TV not covering whole screen/ monitor: The video picture on the TV is not covering the whole TV screen, is leaving big space on the sides of the screen. How can i have the TV display the picture on the whole screen?...
  9. Display Does Not Cover Whole Screen, Black Spaces Above and Below.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Does Not Cover Whole Screen, Black Spaces Above and Below.: Screen display is smaller than usual, it covers only the middle part of the actual screen and it has black spaces on top and bottom of the screen. Asked for help via chat support, and the assistant Joniel Alvin tried to fix it but was unable, he then proceeded to rate himself...
  10. Lock Screen wallpaper does not change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen wallpaper does not change: I tried to change the wallpaper for the Lock screen so I went into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen and selected a picture but it does not change when I lock my laptop. I activated my Windows 10 software already. Do you know how to fix this? Thanks Lenovo...