Windows 10: New way to find useful information fast on Google Search

Discus and support New way to find useful information fast on Google Search in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Imagine you’re remodeling your kitchen, and you want information about how quartz compares to granite for your new countertops. Sure, Google can tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

New way to find useful information fast on Google Search

Source: Helping you find useful information fast on Search

:)

Brink, Aug 16, 2018

2. Google Testing New Way to Search, Calls it 'Google Experimental'

Google seems to have been around for about as long as the internet, and provides a necessary function. When there's something on the internet you just cannot find, Google takes less than two tenths of a second to find it for you. However, some people seem to have become awful bored with the same old way of searching for results. And so, Google remedied this issue by re-doing the way the search engine works. Google Experimental, instead of just slapping results in a user's face, gives users a lot of different options as far as how to review the results.
    Dan Crowe, production manager over at Google, put the changes in place to make the user base happy. If you want to make Mr.Crowe happy, simply head on over to Google and let Google know you want to run the Experimental search by default.

Source: DailyTech

zekrahminator, Aug 16, 2018
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 16, 2018
  4. New way to find useful information fast on Google Search

How to use Google to do searching with Bing as default & Google search added in the setup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that you cannot set two search engines as default at the same time. If you're looking for how to set Google as your default search engine then follow the steps below:

• Click the gear icon in the top right corner of the browser window.
    • Select Manage add-ons.
    • Select Search Providers.
    • In the bottom left corner of your screen, click Find more search providers.
    • Select Google.
    • Click the Add to Internet Explorer button.
    Note: These steps are for Internet Explorer.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

New way to find useful information fast on Google Search

1. New way to find useful information fast on Google Search - Similar Threads - find useful information

2. Can't Open Business Information When Searching for Companies on Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Business Information When Searching for Companies on Google: I have an android, Samsung Galaxy S10. When I Google something like, 'florists near me,' and I click on one of the businesses they have suggested under Places, the page opens up, but says, "Can't load this page. Check your internet connection and try again." There is...
  3. Can't Open Business Information When Searching for Companies on Google

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Open Business Information When Searching for Companies on Google: I have an android, Samsung Galaxy S10. When I Google something like, 'florists near me,' and I click on one of the businesses they have suggested under Places, the page opens up, but says, "Can't load this page. Check your internet connection and try again." There is...
  4. New quick way to learn more about your Google search results

in Windows 10 News
    New quick way to learn more about your Google search results: When you search for information on Google, you probably often come across results from sources that you’re familiar with: major retailer websites, national news sites and more. But there’s also a ton of great information on and services available from...
  5. New message feature when not able to find matches for Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New message feature when not able to find matches for Google Search: We’ve probably all gone through this before: you do a search for something, and the results just don’t seem to be related to what you were looking for. It’s definitely not what we want to see happen, and we try to prevent it in a number of...
  6. Stop Google Search use Google Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Google Search use Google Account: How do I stop Google opening with Gmail when I don't use it any longer? [Original Title: gmail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-google-search-use-google-account/fffb9249-827a-4a62-a089-e86b12c9b5dd"
  7. New algorithm for more useful featured snippets in Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New algorithm for more useful featured snippets in Google Search: Sometimes when you use Google, you’re seeking information when timeliness matters, even if your query doesn’t spell that out. For example, when you search for something like “income brackets,” it’s likely that you’re looking for this year’s tax information, not last year’s....
  8. A new look for Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    A new look for Google Search: Our goal with Search always has been to help people quickly and easily find the information that they’re looking for. Over the years, the amount and format of information available on the web has changed drastically—from the proliferation of images and video, to the...
  9. A new way to browse hotels on Google

in Windows 10 News
    A new way to browse hotels on Google: Earlier this year, we redesigned our hotel search experience so you can more easily explore and filter for hotels on your mobile device. We see that travelers love interacting with the new mobile features—so beginning today, we’re bringing the same modern look and feel to...
  10. Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches: If like me, you prefer to use Google for searching (and if your default browser is Chrome), there are a couple of extensions that will redirect Cortana's Bing search to Google. Seems to work well so far. The one I've tried is called "Bing2Google." I would assume there...