Windows 10: New ways to report driving incidents on Google Maps

Discus and support New ways to report driving incidents on Google Maps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google Maps has always helped people get from point A to B in the easiest way possible. Today, we’re adding more tools that reflect real-time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New ways to report driving incidents on Google Maps

Source: New ways to report driving incidents on Google Maps

:)

Brink, Oct 21, 2019
  2. rasp---01 Win User

How can I report a problem in Here/Nokia maps?

Thanks. Not easy or obvious to find for most people though. If Nokia wants to succeed in the mapping business, it should be dead simple to for users to send reports on map / navigation issues. Nokia should definitely add links to mapreporter.navteq.com while
    it develops ways to use your mobile device directly for reporting. We need

• ways to report errors directly and easily from their mapping apps
    • ways to easily "mark" the user's current location for later reporting (I would imagine that many if not most errors are discovered while driving, but most will go unreported as you obviously cannot report and drive simltaneously)

rasp---01, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Google maps isn't working in symbian belle

For those who have updated to Belle FP1, is Google Map working for you? If not, have you tried a full reset? Settings > Phone Management > Factory Settings > Delete data and restore. This worked for me before FP1, nothing else worked. I have not updated
    to FP1.

Quick steps:

• Backup phone if needed
    • Uninstall Google Map
    • Full reset
    • Resinstall Google Maps from m.google.com
    • Keep Wifi & Data on
    • Launch Google Map
    • Worked for me before FP1. Don't know about FP1.

xyn19---01, Oct 21, 2019
  4. david156 Win User

Google map on 6110

Hi,

This is just a note about trying Google map and Navitec on Nokia 6110.

Google map works well in Nokia 6110, what is great is that you can see both map and satellite view, and it is real fast over HSPDA. Comparing with Navitec, the advantage is that the maps comes 'almost free' depends on how your HSPDA service charges.

Navitec charges exorbitant price for maps, few hundred USD for North America maps, so, Google map can fill the gap well, if you can live without the voice prompt.

Driving with the Navitec can be quite fun, especially with the dynamic routing. I deliberately ignore some directions prompted, when into road tunnels, and each time, the Navitec re-routed quickly and issue new directions correctly. So, this is perhaps what
    one would be paying for.

Unless you are really in a foreign land alone driving, Google map will probably be the most cost affordable way - plan your route, get the directions from Google map, and then drive. This is the old fashion way, only now, one can look up on a digital map (pretty
    good stuffs) hosted by Google, and this is the safe way to drive too in foreign land.

For me, the voice prompt is for entertaining kids, teaching them how to give road directions clearly, period.

In this era of Google map, I think Navitec should really re-think their business model, and make the maps available at sensible level.

david156, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. New ways to report driving incidents on Google Maps - Similar Threads - ways report driving

2. Three new ways anyone can update Google Maps

in Windows 10 News
    Three new ways anyone can update Google Maps: With all the change our world saw over the past year, people are relying more than ever on high-quality, updated information about the places around them — like if a nearby restaurant is open or if a local grocery store has updated hours. To make sure your map...
  3. I need Google map drive download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need Google map drive download: Split from this thread. I need Google map drive download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-google-map-drive-download/0e221114-d2ef-4133-9a45-0c5d3815a498
  4. google satilite maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    google satilite maps: Why can't I zoom in or pinch the images on google maps anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-satilite-maps/c09dc4cb-f025-4d14-a571-12e6977998b9
  5. Removed mapped drive no longer showing in drive list for a new mapped drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removed mapped drive no longer showing in drive list for a new mapped drive.: I had a mapped network drive that was showing as disconnected and I tried the CMD (Admin) command mountvol /r which removed the mapped drive but now the drive that was causing the trouble no longer shows up in the list if drives I can mount. How do I get this drive back?...
  6. A new way to browse hotels on Google

in Windows 10 News
    A new way to browse hotels on Google: Earlier this year, we redesigned our hotel search experience so you can more easily explore and filter for hotels on your mobile device. We see that travelers love interacting with the new mobile features—so beginning today, we’re bringing the same modern look and feel to...
  7. Google Maps on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Maps on PC: Everytime I do a google search for a business/resturants in my chrome browser and I open them in google maps the site shows the content for a short period and then the content goes blank... What's the solution? Carol...
  8. Google Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Maps: Trying to use google maps and map details are 'blacking out' - the screen is still on as are some buttons but the map vanishes. Is this happening to anyone else. 15576
  9. GitHub February 28th DDoS Incident Report

in Windows 10 News
    GitHub February 28th DDoS Incident Report: On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 GitHub.com was unavailable from 17:21 to 17:26 UTC and intermittently unavailable from 17:26 to 17:30 UTC due to a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack. We understand how much you rely on GitHub and we know the availability of our...
  10. New ways to comment on Microsoft files (and more) in Google Drive

in Windows 10 News
    New ways to comment on Microsoft files (and more) in Google Drive: Google Drive makes it easy to store and share files in the cloud so you can collaborate securely with your teams and clients while on the go. And we understand that teams work with all kinds of files and tools to get things done. Starting today, we're making it possible to...