Windows 10: New weather thingy

Discus and support New weather thingy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Idk if u guys can see it but why is this new weather thingy so blurry and also y in cloudy is chopped? Is it just my case or it's just badly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarkNova37, Jun 10, 2021 at 12:12 PM.

1. New weather thingy

/u/DarkNova37, Jun 10, 2021 at 12:12 PM

2. Weather and Calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when thing don't work the way it should.

What happens when you try to change the Weather Settings?

I suggest you to go to Weather Settings and changes the Weather Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius and check. If it doesn't change, I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you with further.

Thank you.

3. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

4. New weather thingy

Weather app not working

Since you've already tried to run the app troubleshooter but the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the
    Weather app using a PowerShell command and reinstall it. To do this, please follow the steps listed below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell window then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Restart your PC after uninstalling the app.
    • To reinstall the app, type Store in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Search for the Weather app, then click Get or Download.

Kindly update us with the result after performing the suggested steps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Thema:

New weather thingy

1. New weather thingy - Similar Threads - weather thingy

2. Can't Search or even open search boxes and news & weather bugged

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Search or even open search boxes and news & weather bugged: Like the title say, I can't search anymore. usualy i just hit the windows key and start typing but thats not woking anymore. or any searching at all on my computer by the looks of it. This happened after the update that added the News & Weather button. and that is not working...
  3. Weather refresh interval

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather refresh interval: Hi,I have 21h1 and I would like to know at what interval the weather in the taskbar news and interests is updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-refresh-interval/c113f417-39f4-4f7d-b730-4f94785fff67
  4. Weather widget confusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weather widget confusion: Ive noticed that with a recent update people have gotten the "new" wether widget on their taskbar. I'm confused because... I've had it for a few months? How is this possible? submitted by /u/Mishka1125 [link] [comments]...
  5. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  6. Windows 10’s news and weather feed on taskbar is a mess

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s news and weather feed on taskbar is a mess: Earlier this year, Microsoft started testing a new feature on the taskbar called “News and Interests”. It is basically a widget based on Microsoft’s MSN and users can glance at the feed on their taskbar to get personalized content based on their web browsing activities. In...
  7. Need to remove weather from the bottom taskbar in Edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to remove weather from the bottom taskbar in Edge.: Hello,I need to remove the weather icon from the bottom taskbar in Edge, but don’t know how to remove the weather icon from Edge.Any help would be appreciated ThanksMatthew...
  8. Windows 10 Update... Now Weather Icon On Bottom Right Corner?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update... Now Weather Icon On Bottom Right Corner?: Recently when i tried to shut down my laptop, saw windows 10 update and did it as i normally do. After the update, i notice on the bottom right corner to the left of the laptop battery icon, wifi connection, sound etc... it shows the weather and like cloudy etc. When you...
  9. There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out...: There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out how to get rid of it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-new-weathernews-thing-on-my-taskbar/550d6522-14ff-496d-92c7-8b53e70d0523
  10. How to disable weather forecast in new Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable weather forecast in new Windows 10 update: Hello,I hate when Microsoft add features to Windows 10 that are annoying instead of being a real help.Last update was adding of the forecast in the task bar and the interest Window that appears suddenly. How can I disable it completely?ThanksJaime...