Windows 10: New Weather Widget keeps changing location

Discus and support New Weather Widget keeps changing location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed a new weather widget on my taskbar a few days ago. The location defaulted to a city I didn't recognize, and don't remember. I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DBean010, Jun 23, 2021.

1. DBean010 Win User

New Weather Widget keeps changing location

I noticed a new weather widget on my taskbar a few days ago. The location defaulted to a city I didn't recognize, and don't remember. I found a couple different places to change the settings, but the changes won't stick. I've changed my location to my home, removed cards, changed my interests, but no matter what I do the changes I make go back to default after a time, and the location keeps changing to Los Angeles. Is there a way to get the changes to persist?

:)

DBean010, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Mick_H1 Win User

Foreca Weather Widget

What that is actually telling you is that the widget is already on one of the destops, that's why it's not in the widget list.

Do you have any other large widgets on any of the desktops, like email, Facebook or location?

If so try moving those around to see if Foreca Weather has gone behind one of those.

If it's not there then something has gone tango uniform and you may need to kill the Foreca Weather Widget process (I think it can be done via X-Term, but I'm not sure whet the command is) and then see if you can reinstate it on the desktop.

Mick_H1, Jun 23, 2021
  3. usan14 Win User
    Foreca Weather Widget

Yeah I know this New Weather Widget keeps changing location :) obviously I have to add widget not shortcut but I can not see Foreca Weather in the widget list, it just shown in the shortcuts list.

usan14, Jun 23, 2021
  4. New Weather Widget keeps changing location

Weather Widget ?

Hi blitzkid

The weather widget from Beta Labs automatically installs in C but my advice is for you to keep for now your weather widget from leaked Belle. I've installed the Beta version and the night doesn't work; it's by night and the widgets keep showing the sun :smileysurprised:

They'll probably release a fixed version soon.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers!!!

noki2000---01, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

New Weather Widget keeps changing location

1. New Weather Widget keeps changing location - Similar Threads - Weather Widget keeps

2. weather widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weather widget: How do I get just the weather widget to show in the taskbar without all the other trash that goes along with it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget/c9962fae-5113-403e-b72c-450fe518b175
  3. weather widget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weather widget: How do I get just the weather widget to show in the taskbar without all the other trash that goes along with it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget/c9962fae-5113-403e-b72c-450fe518b175
  4. Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget: I bought a Framework laptop and updated to Windows 11 a few weeks ago. I noticed the new weather section of the taskbar - and noticed that it's always wrong, showing the weather for some other, unknown location.After looking up information online I updated the location for...
  5. Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget

Weather location in taskbar does not match weather widget: I bought a Framework laptop and updated to Windows 11 a few weeks ago. I noticed the new weather section of the taskbar - and noticed that it's always wrong, showing the weather for some other, unknown location.After looking up information online I updated the location for...
  6. Weather Widget in windows 11 showing wrong location

Weather Widget in windows 11 showing wrong location: If i change it, it just ignore my change and defaults to Lewisham. How can i get it to either use location services which are switched on btw or accept my entry?...
  7. Weather widget

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather widget: Hi, I have my taskbar at the top of the screen I just like it like that a lot but cannot see the weather widget in the taskbar. When I move it down to the bottom then everything is fine and I can see the weather widget. Any fixes that will let me see the weather widget in the...
  8. weather "widget" on task bar - wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    weather "widget" on task bar - wrong location: Hello,With the most recent update to Windows 10, it has installed a weather "widget" on the task bar - displaying the temperature and weather information.But it has my location as a town several hundred kilometres away from my location, and no way of changing it....
  9. Weather Widget

Weather Widget: Alright I got on my laptop and everything was normal, Then I noticed that my Weather on my taskbar is all Chinese everything I have restarted my laptop and im scared this could a a Virus. But it seems to be happening to other people....
  10. Weather widget

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather widget: Hi, i have os build 19041.928 and i dont have the weather widget.What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget/7227ece8-2235-4eac-b337-a7d09ac69eb1