Windows 10: New Wifi default to metered

Discus and support New Wifi default to metered in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10, is there anyway to have any new wifi network (not a mobile network, but rather a friends house) added default to "metered connection".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by szchris384, Dec 20, 2018.

1. New Wifi default to metered

In Windows 10, is there anyway to have any new wifi network (not a mobile network, but rather a friends house) added default to "metered connection".

I know how to change a wifi to metered, but would like to have the default set to metered as soon as it's connected, to avoid any updates.

Chris

:)

szchris384, Dec 20, 2018

2. Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10  

I found that after selecting wifi it shows a list of available connections and under need to select advanced settings and the metered selection is located their. and is not as the above tutorial.

peter prewett, Dec 20, 2018
  3. sheduling wifi for metered houres

Hi

Thank you for your answer to my question

I want to know if this event you suggested controls WiFi metered status or it is controlling all network traffic?

I want just put metered status of my WiFi at for example 1 o'clock everyday off and at 7 o'clock on when my Windows 10 is running and I am logged on to only control windows 10 auto updating and yet having access to any online Internet information.

Thank You

Have a good time

MahmoodMomeni, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Saltgrass Win User

New Wifi default to metered

Metered Broadband Thoughts

Microsoft has had suggestions for years to give an Ethernet connection the ability to be considered as Metered. If you think about it, if you are running an ISP which does charge you for extra usage, whether your computer is running a Wireless or Wired connection, that usage will still be counted.

I certainly understand the reason for metering a 3G or 4G connection, but why not at least have the ability to meter all of them.

By the way, I just noticed the Data Usage listing which does show WiFi and LAN usage. The Storage Settings on that same page may be useful to some folks.

Saltgrass, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

New Wifi default to metered

1. New Wifi default to metered - Similar Threads - Wifi default metered

2. Set every new connection to metered by default.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set every new connection to metered by default.: Hello, I currently connect my PC to internet using mobile tethering from my phone. But whenever I connect it, the computer recognizes it as a new connection and numbers it appropriately. The problem is, if I forget to mark a connection as metered, Windows will suck up my...
  3. default printer/metered connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    default printer/metered connection: Won't find my default printer? Also I am on a metered connection? Tried everything. I hate this new computer. How can I get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-printermetered-connection/c6e4ec11-c91a-4239-8177-1748b2692ec9
  4. Set metered connection as default?

Set metered connection as default?: Hi! Is there away to set metered connections as the default, rather than having to remember to set each new network as metered? (It seems I use a lot of different networks, and as soon as I connect to one that I have forgotten to set as metered - BAM! Windows wrecks my...
  5. METERED WIFI

in Windows 10 Customization
    METERED WIFI: I mistakenly metered my WIFI and want to reverse it. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-wifi/a6a8f278-bf63-4af4-8edf-2679d54b77fe
  6. Metered wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Metered wifi: I cannot complete downloads because metered wifi is on, this I think needs to be changed and as far as I can make out I have to change form Administrator acc to user acc, but I can't find how to do that....
  7. Wifi signal meter in taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi signal meter in taskbar: Windows 10: wifi notification works in safe mode, does not in normal mode? I have exhausted my knowledge and I come to you for help. Running Windows 10 home on laptop. System specifics: Computer Profile Summary Computer Name: HP-15-NOTE (in PCDRNV) — PCDRNV Profile Date:...
  8. Update window hangs with metered wifi

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update window hangs with metered wifi: When I click check for updates with metered wifi, it hangs for last one day. [img] How to go about it. It happens frequently. 90071
  9. Windows 10 -1607 and update in metered wifi

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 -1607 and update in metered wifi: Previously in metered connection wifi, if update is selected, it used to shown warning and then update. In 1607, update just hangs in metered wifi, even after selecting and clicking the option. Any one faced this? Any solutions? 59730
  10. Metered wifi and bluetooth

Metered wifi and bluetooth: What is the connection between metered wifi and bluetooth. When my wifi is metered, I get message as shown in pic below. [img] 63186