Windows 10: New WiFi network not appearing on available networks

Discus and support New WiFi network not appearing on available networks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We just got a new internet service at home and the network is not appearing on the “available networks” tab. A bunch of other networks that are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TallNapoleon, Jan 2, 2020.

1. New WiFi network not appearing on available networks

We just got a new internet service at home and the network is not appearing on the “available networks” tab. A bunch of other networks that are not this one are appearing. I looked up troubleshooting tips on my phone and none of them solved the problem. I don’t know what to do. Also, permanently connecting via Ethernet is not practical (or probably even possible) in this situation.

submitted by /u/TallNapoleon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TallNapoleon, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

Bree, Jan 2, 2020
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Jan 2, 2020
  4. junglee Win User

New WiFi network not appearing on available networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known Networks. Restoring an earlier image has not helped and Adapter drivers are up-to-date.
    Any suggestions to bring the fibre network back on Desktop? OS is Windows 0 Professional. TIA.
    Amarnath Wanchoo

- - - Updated - - -

The news is good but not for any activity on my part. Just as the the WiFi availability had disappeared from the Desktop all of a sudden, it appeared again this morning in a similar way. The feature Windows 10 update was downloading when it appeared.
    Hence problem solved but why it occurred in the first place is still a mystery.

junglee, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

New WiFi network not appearing on available networks

1. New WiFi network not appearing on available networks - Similar Threads - WiFi network appearing

2. No wifi network available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wifi network available: I installed windows 10 recently and it has no internet connection and in the wifi list I can see the wifi networks I want to connect to but it suddenly disappears and shows no wifi network available submitted by /u/Sea-Helicopter-5233 [link] [comments]...
  3. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi network not appearing in list of available networks: When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because it works on my phone note: I connected my phone to the network after I tried connecting my computer. Other networks do show...
  4. Available networks not appearing

Available networks not appearing: I am using a Lenovo Yoga laptop and I have not been able to see my available networks recently. I have updated my computer, checked for driver updates, and followed the instructions of many online forum posts to no avail. Whenever I go to look at available networks, the...
  5. No WiFi Networks Available

No WiFi Networks Available: So recently I got a new internet provider. The wifi with the old provider worked, and even with the new provider. For about 2 hours then it just... Stopped. I don't know why, but it just did. I've been trying to get it to work over the past few days, but nothing that I do...
  6. No WiFi networks available

No WiFi networks available: hello- earlier today, my Lenovo Yoga laptop stopped showing available WiFi networks. Now all it shows is the “Airplane mode” symbol, no WiFi networks. This happens every couple months and often takes a couple days to sort out. Ive tried every solution suggested in these...
  7. No WiFi networks available on new computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No WiFi networks available on new computer?: When I try to connect to a WiFi, there are no options other than a hidden network. Every other device finds my router in the room I’m in, so I’m not sure what is causing this problem. submitted by /u/dpjs [link] [comments]...
  8. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  9. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  10. my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks

my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks: I have already made the wlan report I tried to attach it but it did not work....I hope it is ok to paste it here. I hope someone can help me. I have troubleshooted my butt off and it is happening on both of my laptops so I do not understand how to fix it. Thanks!...