Windows 10: NEW Win 10 license KEY not working (license expiry soon message)

Discus and support NEW Win 10 license KEY not working (license expiry soon message) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My (bought second hand) pc is showing that my windows license will expire soon. I bought a NEW LICENSE (145 Euro) and installed Win 10 Home edition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NeverMore4, Mar 21, 2019.

1. NEW Win 10 license KEY not working (license expiry soon message)

My (bought second hand) pc is showing that my windows license will expire soon.
    I bought a NEW LICENSE (145 Euro) and installed Win 10 Home edition.
    When I insert the NEW PRODUCT KEY the system says that: "...it doesn't work [error 0xc004f050).
    In my system it reports that i have a WINDOWS PRO license that is activated using my organization's license. I have no organization and I just bought a Windows HOME license.
    My understanding is that the OLD windowsPRO imprint is not being overridden by my new installation... but I do NOT want to FORMAT my HDD. Is there a way around this?

Rob

:)

NeverMore4, Mar 21, 2019
  2. SIEverett Win User

Win 10 expiry license soon

Hi there I have recently had a fresh copy of Win 10 installed after a pc fire !! i used to have win 7 then went with the win 10 free upgrade I have the Product ID etc, however on each start up of the pc i get the license Expiry soon blue window keep appearing,
    if i have a product ID isnt this all i need for a genuine version, as this was installed via my pc repairer ??? any suggestions. ? thanks

SIEverett, Mar 21, 2019
  3. dmjfk Win User
    Windows 10 Pro License expiry pop-up message appearing

Dear Andre,

Thank you for the reply.

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Pro off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home installation. Windows 10 Pro is not free. If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall the previous
      edition or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
    But my laptop HP-Envy came with a pre-installed windows 10 Pro version. I haven't done any hardware or software changes yet other than the automatic windows updates. But now all of a sudden it started showing license expiry message.

dmjfk, Mar 21, 2019
  4. NEW Win 10 license KEY not working (license expiry soon message)

License expiriing soon

My apologies in advance as I can only communicate negative news here. You may not like my answer.

It is a volume license key used by organizations and is managed through Key Management System hosted on a centralized server. Hence, you can not use it.

Notice the word KMS (Key Management Server), GVLK (Generic Volume License Key )

The key is not a valid key to be used. It is a counterfeit license. You will have to buy a new license for Windows and use that.

Vijay_Verma, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

NEW Win 10 license KEY not working (license expiry soon message)

1. NEW Win 10 license KEY not working (license expiry soon message) - Similar Threads - license KEY working

2. license expiry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    license expiry: I got my computer with windows 10 Pro as a gift from my previous company. Im using this now on my home to do work. I noticed that there is a message that my Windows license will expire soon. I dont know that there is a expiration on license since it is properly activated when...
  3. license expiry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    license expiry: I got my computer with windows 10 Pro as a gift from my previous company. Im using this now on my home to do work. I noticed that there is a message that my Windows license will expire soon. I dont know that there is a expiration on license since it is properly activated when...
  4. license expiry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows license will expire soon message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows license will expire soon message: I am getting a mesage to say my windows license will expire soon. I purchased a home license which suits my limited use. nothing has changed on my laptop and there is no reason for me to pay for another license. I have tried to enter the code that came with the license and...
  6. License expiry

License expiry: There is a message that your windows license will expire soon ,Go to settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-expiry/b012471c-4bcc-4dbf-a636-d64d13653197
  7. License will soon expire message.

License will soon expire message.: I turned on my laptop windows 10 pro today and it shows license will expire soon message. I don't have the product key. Should I buy another one or is there ways of solving this issue? I need help please....
  8. Windows 10 License will Expire Soon Despite Not Having Any Expiry Date

Windows 10 License will Expire Soon Despite Not Having Any Expiry Date: When I first opened my computer today, the License Will Expire Soon message appeared, so i searched around and I checked Winver and I saw no expiry date. I also checked the activation setting and its activated. Why is this appearing and how can I stop it from doing so?...
  9. Windows License expiry bug!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows License expiry bug!: My computer works fine and all but two days ago I started getting "Your windows license will expire soon" popups on startup and on wake-up. It pops up like twice and never again for the session and pops up again on startup. When I checked the services the software protection...
  10. License expiriing soon

License expiriing soon: I have purchased Windows 10 Home from Microsoft Store on 24th October,2018 for personal/home use. Today it is showing "WINDOWS IS EXPIRING SOON". My Windows is showing WINDOWS 10 HOME and ACTIVATED. However, On settings page, ACTIVATION STATUS shows: WINDOWS IS ACTIVATED...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 home product key