Windows 10: New win 10 os, pc already has user accounts

Discus and support New win 10 os, pc already has user accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just had a new SSD drive added with windows 10 on it. my user accounts are still on the pc, just now on a different hard drive than the win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanAkeister, Jul 20, 2020.

1. New win 10 os, pc already has user accounts

I have just had a new SSD drive added with windows 10 on it.

my user accounts are still on the pc, just now on a different hard drive than the win 10 OS.

how do i get windows 10 to recognise already produced user accoubts?

i have looked, but it jyst wants me to setup new accounts

The user accounts were set up in win 10 which was on the same hard drive

Many thanks

:)

AlanAkeister, Jul 20, 2020

2. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

New win 10 os, pc already has user accounts

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

New win 10 os, pc already has user accounts

1. New win 10 os, pc already has user accounts - Similar Threads - already has user

2. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  3. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  4. <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user: W10 Accounts, Family and other users : is preventing me from "adding someone else to this PC". I had created a local user XYZ with Account Type "Administrator", ie without a Microsoft Account, then signed in OK. Later while using new Microsoft Edge, I signed into my...
  5. there are two Users or User accounts or something on this new computer with the new OS

there are two Users or User accounts or something on this new computer with the new OS: On a previous computer running Windows 7 my husband and I were two Users. However, he always used mine - because that was what was open, or on the opening/startup page he usually clicked on my icon. We had Windows 10 installed on a new PC, and had the content transferred...
  6. Account has already been added to this PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account has already been added to this PC: Hi everybody, I'm presently installing accounts on the new PC for the family. I created an account for my daughter but it was bugging when I tried to add connect with her windows hotmail account. So I decided to completely deleted her account to create it again. Then...
  7. Unwanted new User Account created by OS

Unwanted new User Account created by OS: Hi, recently on my Windows 10 home I got an blue page error with fault_in_non_paged error and when it booted again I looked for the support to avoid the future similar error as it was 5th time I got such an error abruptly so the support page of HP asked me to press power...
  8. User already added to this pc.

User already added to this pc.: I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to...
  9. User already added to this pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    User already added to this pc.: I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to...
  10. New computer already has an account

New computer already has an account: I recently bought a new laptop from Target, and when I started to set it up, I realized there is already an account on the laptop which I was asked to log into. I obviously do not have the password to this pre-existing account so I am stuck on the log in screen with no way to...