Windows 10: New Win 10 Pro can't see Network devices

Discus and support New Win 10 Pro can't see Network devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New computer build with Win 10 Pro. It can't see other devices Under Network in File Explorer. Yes - net discovery is on. Yes - a folder is shared -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rafisher1, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Rafisher1 Win User

New Win 10 Pro can't see Network devices

New computer build with Win 10 Pro. It can't see other devices Under Network in File Explorer.

Yes - net discovery is on.

Yes - a folder is shared - my other Win 10 Pro can see it

Yes - the laundry list of services is running and start automatic

Yes - SMV v1 is on

Yes - I reset the network

Yes - I ran sfc /scannow

Troubleshooter? HAHAHAHAHAHa

:)

Rafisher1, Aug 14, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Aug 14, 2020
  3. yertiz Win User
    New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network

Ken

It may be that both steps were necessary. I just did them one step at a time.

Indeed. Whilst it's good to have a solution I cannot say I feel I understand how the problem has been resolved. Everything I read suggests that SMB1 should only be required for older versions of Windows. In fact, without SMB1 checked, the only computer visible to the new Win 10 boxes was a Win 7 box!!!

yertiz, Aug 14, 2020
  4. fopetesl Win User

Excel will not use Thunderbird to email spreadsheet on Windows 10 Pro

I was trying to keep it simple, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but kind natured.
    If i could emulate what I can do thenwhen she gets twined up I can talk her step by step.

if we can't sort why Win 10 Excel won't see T-B as the main email client then we'll just have to go with your suggestion.

I should have said Win 10 pro 64 bit?

fopetesl, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. New Win 10 Pro can't see Network devices - Similar Threads - Pro can't Network

2. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 can't see win 10 computers: I have 2 desktop computers running windows 10 home v. 22h2 and one running windows 11 home. the windows 10 computers can see the windows 11 computer but the win 11 can't see the win 10 computers. all networks are set to private and set to share without password protection....
  3. I can't see devices in network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see devices in network: I am using an old Netgear Fast Ethernet Switch FS608 v2 connecting an ethernet cable from our cable modem router, which we rent from Sparklight to get our cable internet. I have a Mac mini running macOS Catalina, a Mac Pro running macOS Montery, and a Dell running the latest...
  4. I can't see devices in network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't see devices in network: I am using an old Netgear Fast Ethernet Switch FS608 v2 connecting an ethernet cable from our cable modem router, which we rent from Sparklight to get our cable internet. I have a Mac mini running macOS Catalina, a Mac Pro running macOS Montery, and a Dell running the latest...
  5. I can't see devices in network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network

Cannot see Win 10 Pro PC on network: I have a home network with several Win 10 Pro PCs. I recently added a used Dell 7040 Micro running a fresh reinstall of Win 10 Pro. The 7040 is not visible to the other Win 10 systems. If, on the 7040, I do Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset and answer Yes...
  7. Can't See Embedded Videos in New Install Win 10

Can't See Embedded Videos in New Install Win 10: This updates a question I asked about 30 minutes ago. (Sorry.) I just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 (1909 edition) on a Toshiba Portege today, 2019-11-28. I've used Firefox browser for longer than I remember. All my bookmarks/favorites are there. First problem that I...
  8. Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro

Cannot See networked Computers Win 10 Pro: For some reason, I cannot see my networked computers on the network after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I have 4 windows 10 Pro computers on my home network, all was working before the update. Home group network appears to be working. Network Discovery is enabled. Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 Pro computers can't see themselves in network

Windows 10 Pro computers can't see themselves in network: I have a 4 computer network with 2 Windows 7 machines and 2 Windows 10 Pro machines. The Win7 computers can see and access all 4 computers through Network. The Win10Pro machines can see and access the Win7 machines. They can't see or access themselves. They can PING each...
  10. unable to see NAS drive in my network - win 10 Pro

unable to see NAS drive in my network - win 10 Pro: hi there, Today i did a fresh install of win 10 Home today on my laptop but i'm unable to see my NAS Drive in my network. I can put the nas address into the address bar in my Network and i can access it but i don't like to do it that way. I also use Kodi media center and...