Windows 10: New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time

Discus and support New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Last week I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 3583 with Windows 10 Home (S). I have removed the "s" restriction and upgraded to Pro. I have set 'sleep'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pauledstevens, Nov 16, 2019.

1. New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time

Last week I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 3583 with Windows 10 Home (S). I have removed the "s" restriction and upgraded to Pro. I have set 'sleep' when on A/C power to 'never'. Yet, when it is idle for several hours - like overnight - it appears to be powered off. It doesn't respond to mouse or keyboard touch like it would if it were in 'sleep' mode (which it shouldn't be anyway) but does instantly respond to pressing the power key. I don't know if I'm looking at a software issue in Windows or a bios issue with the hardware. This particular model of Dell Inspiron has no LED indicators of the power status of the machine, so it appears that the only way to tell if it is simply screen off or sleep or power off is to actually test it. Since I need to leave this machine at home and vpn to it when traveling, this power-off is nearly a show-stopper.

:)

pauledstevens, Nov 16, 2019

2. why does the new build of windows 10 keep shutting down after being idle for some time?

why does the new build of windows 10 keep shutting down after being idle for some time?

WoburnPedi, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    why does the new build of windows 10 keep shutting down after being idle for some time?

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue please answer the questions below:

What do you mean when you say 'new build of windows 10 keep shutting down after being idle for some time'?

Since when are you facing this issue?

Meanwhile, Let’s run Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 16, 2019
  4. New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time

PC shuts down after being idle for few mins in Windows 10.

set monitor and hd to turn off in 60 minutes. if computer is idle for just a few minutes they shut down . any suggestions? this never happened with windows 7 pro

Golf Hacker, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time

1. New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time - Similar Threads - Pro shutting down

2. Computer shuts down if idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down if idle: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r8dt5z3q0morbc5ts81j0/event.evtx?rlkey=ju0gp4jevtc45n0isndgkj663&dl=0Here is the events happening before the computer crashed. I noticed that it always starts with the screen flickering,...
  3. Computer shuts down if idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shuts down if idle: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r8dt5z3q0morbc5ts81j0/event.evtx?rlkey=ju0gp4jevtc45n0isndgkj663&dl=0Here is the events happening before the computer crashed. I noticed that it always starts with the screen flickering,...
  4. Windows 11 automatically shuts down after being idle for long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically shuts down after being idle for long time: I normally download many stuff at night. I put them in download, and go to sleep. However, when I wake up, the computer has already shut down. When I boot it, the previous state is retained - like all apps that were opened are still opened. But, the download is stopped....
  5. Windows 11 automatically shuts down after being idle for long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 automatically shuts down after being idle for long time: I normally download many stuff at night. I put them in download, and go to sleep. However, when I wake up, the computer has already shut down. When I boot it, the previous state is retained - like all apps that were opened are still opened. But, the download is stopped....
  6. Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.: Hi my pc: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SSD I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games...
  7. Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.: Hi my pc: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SSD I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so...
  8. long shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long shut down: [ATTACH]so um this happened yesterday i shut down my pc and suddenly i was stuck at the shutting down part for a while like 2 mins and it closed. is there anyway i could make my pc shut down fast...
  9. Win 10 shuts down when Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 shuts down when Idle: Win 10 Home shuts down when Idle I see people have been having this same issue for years without any successful solution. I too have tried all the tips & tricks without success. This issue is fairly new for my PC. Never had this happen until a few months ago. It is very...
  10. System restore in Win 10 taking a long time maybe idle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore in Win 10 taking a long time maybe idle: I had to system restore my desktop from win 10 but its stuck 4 hours now on "file and settings are being restored system restore is initialising". Has it crashed in which case in order to stop it I should kill the power? or shall I let it continue? How long is it likely to...