Windows 10: New Win10 Computer OS Question

Discus and support New Win10 Computer OS Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is a complicated question (at least for me.) I've been using Windows, almost every version since 3.1 (I skipped Vista.) Last year in April my Win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jaftwo, Mar 17, 2017.

1. jaftwo Win User

New Win10 Computer OS Question

This is a complicated question (at least for me.) I've been using Windows, almost every version since 3.1 (I skipped Vista.) Last year in April my Win7 desktop computer suffered a shorted motherboard. I knew I had to upgrade to win10 soon, but was watching closely the problems others were having (with 10.) I was out of work getting ready to retire. A friend gave me his old Win7 x32 computer which I'm using (I retired this past February.) I had updated the x32 computer to win10 before the "free upgrade" period ended.

So now I can build a new x64 machine, but what are my options on an OS? I can build the machine and install my win7 SSD I guess, but since I had a valid win10 install (though it is 32 bit) I was wondering if there's any options for me to get to win10 x64 without buying a new one (I am on a tight fixed budget.)

I attempted to contact Microsoft and got the virtual assistant and that was useless. Does anyone have some advice concerning my situation ?

:)

jaftwo, Mar 17, 2017

2. Update wants to delete my antivirus

What "parts update?"

What OS Build of Win10 Enterprise Version 1607?

Does the computer-in-question belong to you or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 17, 2017
  3. SJMP985 Win User
    New Hard Drive Licensing Question

Currently user has Win10 PRO licensed.

On a different laptop I want to install a new HD and build Win10 Pro using this users already used license.

Question if user is on the road.

I will build new OS install on new HD w/o activating.

When user comes back to office -> How do I remove the license from his current OS build so I can re-used the license on the new build?

Thanks,

SJMP985, Mar 17, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

32-bit v. 64-bit does not matter. The same product key and license works for either 32-bit or 64-bit of the same edition/version of Windows.

Click on the link for "You recently made a significant hardware change" here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

and also:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530

NavyLCDR, Mar 17, 2017
Thema:

1. New Win10 Computer OS Question - Similar Threads - Win10 Computer Question

2. New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question: Hello,We already have Enterprise Licenses for Windows 10 in our organization, we deploy Windows either manually or via SCCM.Legal wise, is there a problem buying laptops with no OS then installing latest version of windows then applying our Enterprise license to it?Or must we...
  3. New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question: Hello,We already have Enterprise Licenses for Windows 10 in our organization, we deploy Windows either manually or via SCCM.Legal wise, is there a problem buying laptops with no OS then installing latest version of windows then applying our Enterprise license to it?Or must we...
  4. New Laptops with no OS preinstalled - License Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Installing OS on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing OS on new computer: I bought win.7 home edition on disk, way back in 2014. Of course win.10 was not far away and it was free to upgrade for a short time. So I asked about what happens to the upgrade if I bought a new computer? I was told I keep my upgrade. So how do I install the OS win.10 on my...
  6. Installing OS on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing OS on new computer: I bought win.7 home edition on disk, way back in 2014. Of course win.10 was not far away and it was free to upgrade for a short time. So I asked about what happens to the upgrade if I bought a new computer? I was told I keep my upgrade. So how do I install the OS win.10 on my...
  7. Installing OS on new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Transfer c:\ to a new win10 os

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer c:\ to a new win10 os: Hey all ,i had to reinstall win10 os on my ssd and i need to transfer all of my c:\ drive with office and its keys to the new win10 os, how can i do that ? 171293
  9. Installing Win10 on a new Laptop with no OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on a new Laptop with no OS: Hi folks, Purchased a brand new Laptop for the wiffey which will come in the next few days. I have my Rufus Win10 USB stick already done for the job but being a laptop is there anything different that I could expect to happen? I am assuming not, it's a 500gb SSD which I'll...
  10. Moving OS drive to new hardware question

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving OS drive to new hardware question: Hello everyone. I was wondering if It was possible to move my SSD (boot drive) onto new hardware. I'm upgrading my pc a bit, one of the things being the motherboard. I really don't want to purchase windows if I don't have to, so i'm wondering if it can be moved properly....