Windows 10: New Win10 Desktop on LAN cable is using all bandwith when going into sleep modus.

Discus and support New Win10 Desktop on LAN cable is using all bandwith when going into sleep modus. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have two new HP desktops installed in my network. One of the pc's is eating all WIFI bandwith when going into sleep modus. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GertVan den Brande, Jan 8, 2019.

1. New Win10 Desktop on LAN cable is using all bandwith when going into sleep modus.

Hi,

I have two new HP desktops installed in my network. One of the pc's is eating all WIFI bandwith when going into sleep modus.

It was difficult to find the reason why my WIFI network was going down from 182 Mbps download to less than 1. After installing colasoft Capsa we have found out it was this one desktop using the bandwith.

Speedtests on mobile devices (laptops, mobile phones) showed the strong decrease in Mbps for download. Upload is not impacted. Also wired devices have no drop in download speed. From the moment you hit the enter button of the pc in sleep modus, the band with problem is solved.

As the problem only occurs during sleep modus of this desktop, it is difficult to find which process or service is causing this problem. Does somebody knows a tool who can monitor the pc in sleep modus to find out what is causing the problem?

I also find it very strange that a wired device in the network, is eating up the bandwith of WIFI devices when it is in sleep modus.

ps: Security scans, etc doesn't indicate that the pc is infected with a virus.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Gert Van den Brande

:)

GertVan den Brande, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Ralfe_73 Win User

Win10: No Wifi after sleep modus

Hello,

I have a strange issue with my Win10.

Wifi works fine when the PC starts, but when the PC starts from the sleep modus then I don't get a Wifi connection.

My work-around is to deactivate and activate the adapter, then it works again

Do you have any idea ?

Thx

Rlfe

Ralfe_73, Jan 8, 2019
  3. cable management for a lan box

anyone got some suggestions for cable management for a my new lan box? its small matx case, and i dont have a modular psu. link could help too! thanks *Toast :toast:

xmountainxlionx, Jan 8, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

New Win10 Desktop on LAN cable is using all bandwith when going into sleep modus.

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

New Win10 Desktop on LAN cable is using all bandwith when going into sleep modus.

1. New Win10 Desktop on LAN cable is using all bandwith when going into sleep modus. - Similar Threads - Win10 Desktop LAN

2. Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.: I have been having issues with my computer not going to sleep. The display stays on and just won't even attempt to sleep. I've tried changing the power settings multiple times, including advanced power settings like disable hybrid sleep, allow computer to sleep when sharing...
  3. Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.: I have been having issues with my computer not going to sleep. The display stays on and just won't even attempt to sleep. I've tried changing the power settings multiple times, including advanced power settings like disable hybrid sleep, allow computer to sleep when sharing...
  4. Desktop Win10 PC not going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  6. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  7. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Lan cable is not recognized

Lan cable is not recognized: I have a problem with my internet. I see that I have not plugged in a LAN cable, although I plugged one in. I've already tried to reinstall the network adapter and the driver. It did not work. What should I do?...
  9. BSOD when LAN cable is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when LAN cable is connected: Hi, I'm encountering a weird BSOD behavior. Windows boot up nicely when it is not connected to the network. Once Windows is connected to the network it will cause BSOD. The system is able to recover upon restart and removing the network cable. I'm currently using 19H1 OS...
  10. LAN cable eliminator !!!

LAN cable eliminator !!!: Hi there I've been posting recently about the advantages of using an Ethernet Wifi bridge recently - and how you can use an old router to use DD-WRT to create one. However if you are a bit nervous about flashing routers (only do it on one you could throw away if it goes...