Windows 10: New Win10 install: Right Click context menu missing ALL options in Protected Folders.

Discus and support New Win10 install: Right Click context menu missing ALL options in Protected Folders. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This might be a normal thing having tested it on a second computer, but is there any way to restore the usual "New Text File" and similar options to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SeedyOne, Dec 22, 2019.

1. New Win10 install: Right Click context menu missing ALL options in Protected Folders.

This might be a normal thing having tested it on a second computer, but is there any way to restore the usual "New Text File" and similar options to folders under Program Files, Windows, etc? All I get is "New Folder" as seen here whereas regular folders look like this.

Is there any way to get restore that functionality in Windows 10? Or another workaround? FWIW, I have "Protected Folders" disabled in Settings -> Ransomware Protection and I'm a full blown local administrator. Perhaps I'm missing something else?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/SeedyOne
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SeedyOne, Dec 22, 2019

2. New option (Menu item) is missing in context menu (Desktop or Windows Explorer).

When I right mouse click in windows 10 the context menu is missing new file folder option

***Modified Title from: When I right mouse click in Windows 10 the context menu is missing new filefolder***

MarkWilliston, Dec 22, 2019
  3. change the right click "new" context menu options

How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list
    of totally useless (to me) choices for a new Microsoft word document or data base document or a number of other Microsoft apps that I do not have or use. How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Thank you

dubiousbanks, Dec 22, 2019
  4. dubshot Win User

New Win10 install: Right Click context menu missing ALL options in Protected Folders.

Create new compressed folder/zipped folder option missing in "new" label of right click context menu on desktop.

Create a new compressed folder/zipped folder option missing in "new" label of right-click context menu on the desktop. What do I do?
    New Win10 install: Right Click context menu missing ALL options in Protected Folders. 898ca56f-12a5-43e9-ace7-2e78b437acf7.png

dubshot, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

New Win10 install: Right Click context menu missing ALL options in Protected Folders.

1. New Win10 install: Right Click context menu missing ALL options in Protected Folders. - Similar Threads - Win10 install Right

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Need the new right click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need the new right click context menu: Hi, today after I updated my Windows 11 to the 23H2 version from Beta channel insider my right click context menu has changed to the old one like it was in Windows 10. How can I get new context menu back?Build: 22631.2115 Windows 11 Home...
  5. Need the new right click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need the new right click context menu: Hi, today after I updated my Windows 11 to the 23H2 version from Beta channel insider my right click context menu has changed to the old one like it was in Windows 10. How can I get new context menu back?Build: 22631.2115 Windows 11 Home...
  6. Right-click context menu not showing all the options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right-click context menu not showing all the options: [ATTACH] I am trying to add a new .txt file to edit but there is no option. if I go to my file explorer and right-click and in the new tab there not a lot of options and not nay that i am familiar with other then the shortcut...
  7. Troubleshooting missing new folder option in right-click menu

Troubleshooting missing new folder option in right-click menu: I don't have the option to add a new folder in the right click context or otherwise. I've done some troubleshooting and am beginning to think it is some sort of permission error. This is a recent clean install after hardware upgrades. To start ctrl+shift+n also does not...
  8. new folder and new text document option missing in right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    new folder and new text document option missing in right click menu: I cannot find the option to create a new folder as well as a new text document , I tried all those registry stuff but nothing works [ATTACH]...
  9. Right click New context menu

Right click New context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  10. change the right click "new" context menu options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the right click "new" context menu options: How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list of totally useless...